Discuss Looking for suitable replacement for Vortice Ariett T centrifugal ceiling fan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dartlec

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Latest fun on the job from hell.

I need to replace 2 x Vortice Ariett T ceiling mounted centrifugal fans, but struggling. I could buy replacements, but only place I can find them that might get them by early next week is Amazon, and a bit steep at £80 per fan for my budget.

It's in a Barrat flat, and the ducting above the ceiling has very little depth for the spigot (About 50mm from ceiling) - as it changes to rectangular ducting in the ceiling void, so no flexibility.

2020-10-29 17.24.52.jpg

One of them at least is in Zone 2 too, so need to be IP44+as well as having backdraft shutters. That limits the field quite a bit from all the usual places.

I bought two Manrose CF100T for the job, but ceilings had been boarded before I arrived, so only just discovered the depth issue. Even cutting the spigot down I'm still 10mm or so too long.

A trip to the local Rexel came up with the idea of a window fitting kit to use as a collar to fill the gap, but unfortunately it was smaller than the Manrose.

Anyone aware of another suitable ceiling fan that has a short spigot? Size below the ceiling isn't a big issue as it's a rental.

Reply to Looking for suitable replacement for Vortice Ariett T centrifugal ceiling fan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I read through the post that dealt with using 12V LED bulbs in place of incandescent bulbs but my issue is a little different from that...
Replies
Views
Hello guys I wonder if anyone can assist me in anyway, was called to a job today to replace 3x extractor fans. Thought it would be a relatively...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My flat's kitchen has an integrated extractor hood currently setup as a recirculator. Above this on the ceiling but slightly offset...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I could not find a suitable place for my question so I wanted to post it here. I have a kitchen extension coming up and I wanted to deal...
Replies
Views
L
Hi All, Please be gentle. It's my first post. I want to replace a nearly 20 year old, but now noisy, Greenwood Airvac R90 bathroom extractor fan...
Replies
Views
LeBlur
L

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock