Search the forum,

Discuss MCS Quality Management System in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I can't gather if you're promoting the use of such tactics to gain MCS or highlighting them as a way of raising awareness of the loop hole?

Reading your earlier posts you state it's unfair to discriminate potential installers due to them not being able to afford the first installation or not being able to install due to age or alike yet now it's you are in contact with the CB's to raise awareness. The unfairness isn't down to the lack of funds, age or ability. As we all agree correct documented sub contracting is permitted and as an industry is promoting jobs and that is NOT in question. But the first installation to be assessed MUST be installed by the company being assessed. If it can not be afforded well then sorry but yes "that's business!" To conduct your own installation in materials costs are down to £1000 - £1500. Still a lot of money but not in the same scale as what I paid early 2010. So is it now accepted by some that this cost is unfair?

Standards have and will continue to improve and as they do some will still endeavour to exploit loop holes, that's life and will never change. No matter how tight the procedures. No certification body can stand and witness the installation and it would be ridiculous to think they could. Hence the declaration.

You ask if I am happy to just point the finger at you or do something. There's no finger pointing at you other than what you have posted previously. You have raised and promoted this activity and by reading your own earlier post you will see how it reads. I stand by my posts and comments 100%. I do feel strongly enough about this to contact my CB and MCS but by reading the rules of enrolment I suspect I know what the response will be.

I have raised my concerns to Corgi and will be doing the same with NIC in January I have spoke to a couple of people on the main steering group who are looking into reviewing the standards but I have not yet heard anything. I will put my points on the DECC site first thing tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

Mark I can confirm 100% that I do NOT condone the use of other installers work as your own, I simple informed the guy who asked the question that this is a route more and more people are using, I did not say I recommend it but to be fair I did not say I do not recommend it so fair point.

I will let you know how I get on raising this issue with the steering group and CB's

Not surprised, but thanks for making your link to the mcs company clear Treadwarm.

I'd hope the MCS assessor was able to pick up on the papertrail of the assement system, if it's someone elses work i'd hope he/she were compentent enough to pick up the signs and investigate more and ask some pointed questions.

That refers to the preparatory consultation that has lead on to the current one that is now open for responses, a link to which I posted yesterday, and which provides a summary of the earlier work.

hi guys just wondering if you know the cheapest place to get a quality system without having to do the course !!i dont know bout you but im sick of paying out all the time,lets face it its not just 50 here 50 there its 600 here and 500 there .
Which ever association you sign with should give you a quality folder the amount they charge .
Well thats my rant over with lol !!!!!!!!!!

Hello

Its paul from complete picture here. You could have a look at our system you should find it on Google. I have tried to keep it reasonably priced and it's much more than a bunch of quality management manuals. This will help you manage each of the installations as its a full project management package. once you get the hang of it it will save a lot of time, provided you are happy using online system we do have many satisfied customers.

Regards
Paul

hi guys just wondering if you know the cheapest place to get a quality system without having to do the course !!i dont know bout you but im sick of paying out all the time,lets face it its not just 50 here 50 there its 600 here and 500 there .
Which ever association you sign with should give you a quality folder the amount they charge .
Well thats my rant over with lol !!!!!!!!!!

I hate to disillusion you but if you think you're forking out now wait until you've got your MCS and see what you've forgotten to buy - it took us about 6 months before we had everything we needed and we didn't take a penny out of the business before then.

Complete picture is worth a look at if you haven't got anything in place at all - and it's not hugely expensive either.

Reply to MCS Quality Management System in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net