Discuss New C&G Inspection/test exams now online. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

alanl

Thanks to Steve at ETS Birmingham, the details of the new qualifications are now on the C&G website.
As expected, 2391-10, and 2392 are changing a lot, 2391-20 doesnt seem any different.

*2394, Initial Verification and testing
http://www.cityandguilds.com/documents/2394-L3A-IVC-Electrical-Installations-QHB-v02.pdf

2395 , periodic inspection.
http://www.cityandguilds.com/documents/2395-L3A-PITC-Electrical-Installations-QHB-v1.0.pdf

2396 Design and verification
http://www.cityandguilds.com/documents/2396-L4A-DV-Electrical-Installations-QHB-v1.0.pdf

HTH
Alan.

Last edited by a moderator:
the 2391 now becomes 2395? is that correct.

The 2391-10 has now been split in to two different qualies, both still at level 3. The 2394 is on initial verification only, & the 2395 is on periodic inspections only.

The 2396 which was the 2391-20 design & verification is by & large the same but is now at level 4.

Going by the continual meddling with courses by the powers that be, they certainly wont be anymore difficult than what we have presently, more than likely easier IMO, continuing with the current trend.

As for the existing 2392, who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well looking at the links to 2394 and 2395 and what lenny has said; i'm glad i got my 2391 passed in August. Seems C&G are just trying to get more money out of us by splitting what is the 2391 and as 2396 is now a level 4 wonder how much that will cost.

2392 is only really covers initial verification. on single phase installations

2394 will that cover 3 phase then?

2395 is basicly the old 2391-10

2396 is the old 2391-20

is that right? so 3 new courses which are the same as the old ones, but these will then cover the new certs, i see an update course comming soon.

No John, not until it's new format next year, but I agree that it should have been particularly in it's 2400 guise..

What I wonder though is whether the new Level 4 version will be more difficult than the existing Level 3 qualification. And if not, then surely certificates should be reissued as Level 4 certificates. Otherwise it falsely suggests that someone doing the newer course has completed a superior qualification.

Does anyone know whether the change to Level 4 has been justified by making the course more difficult?

Does anyone know whether the change to Level 4 has been justified by making the course more difficult?

Probably the justification to increase course fee's wouldn't be that far from the truth!!!
Let's face it, anything harder than a Pat Testing certificate rated ''Level 3'' has got to be Level 4 by definition!! ...lol!!!

As far as i can see, and i'm sure other older previous C&G holders here, have seen the ease and therefore the standard of electrical C&G courses, consistently dropping over the last decade or more.

Vocational course training certification, has become more of a business plan to the ONCE proud C&G Institute, that is now very much geared to the modern way's of being profit orientated, and not on setting standards of excellence. We are now seeing buckshee and meaningless C&G courses all over the place....

Our college has been told that you can still do the 2391 up to July 2012.
Seems city & guilds are meddling with a good qualification for no reason. Maybe its greed or boredom but with the electrical industry in total turmoil the timing is awful.

Reply to New C&G Inspection/test exams now online. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net