• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss New Member, Looking for professional help regarding GN3 and On-site guide. in the New Member Introductions area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jack Brown

New EF Member
Good Morning all,

I am a new member, initially drawn to the forums by the technical help given by you guys and any potential help I may be able to offer.

I am currently doing my AM2, (After 8 years in the industry) As I believe that I need all my papers up to date for the way the industry is going. I am currently working as an electrical site manager and have been revising during the day for the exam at the end of the AM2 (C&G 2382) I believe ?

Getting to the point I cannot seem to reference the regulation numbers from the onsite guide & GN3 to any other document I.e. BS7671. For example

Page 74 of the onsite guide shows (522.6.102) 'In domestic or similar installations....' Where can I reference this number to as (Part 5, Chapter 2, Section 2, reg 6 of BS7671) does not relate to that of the on site guide...

I bet im being stupid but I cant see it for the life of me... Many thanks if your still with me.

telectrix

Scouser and Proud of It
Respected Member
if i recall, 522.6.102 refers to cables buried in walls < 50mm deep.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.