Discuss niceic certificates in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jimes

Hi all, hope ive posted in correct section. I have a customers architect who is being a real pain! I hve signed of an instalation that building control have signed off too. He is demanding that the certificates be niceic with a niceic serial number on?! I use tysoft software and they have my nic number on, i dont understand what hes going on about and im sure theres nothing wrong with using the certificates that i have issued? Any help/suggestions to put him in his place would be great! Thanks, Jamie

I'm not NIC registered but pretty sure if needs be you can contact them and purchase some certificates with serials, which Easycert can overprint. Or purchase some serials from them and print them off in your cert.

Quite why this guy has it as being needed is above me though. Never quite understood the need for it myself.

AFAIK All certificates are based on the BS7671 certificates. Certificates only need to be signed by a competent person and it is not a requirement that they are on nic certificates or signed by a member of nic. I would feel like telling him to stop wasting your time and ask him to take it up with the LABC if he is not happy.

Did the job spec stipulate an NIC spark should carry out the work???

Nearly all architect drawings I get have "must be carried out by an NICEIC or ECA contractor" on them.

I use Tysoft and just print my own numbers and put the NIC Logo on as well, There is no requirement to use NIC certificates the only reason you number certificates is to be able to trace them it doesnt matter how they are numbered as long as they are individual. Sounds like he just being an idiot or trying to be clever thinking have an NIC serial number actually means anything.

Even if the original job spec stipulated must be niceic registered electrician you have complied with this by being one. As long as your cert has a unique number that should be fine.
However, if you are owed money and the client is holding this back on the architects say, then just by some niceic certificates, fill one in by hand and give it to the client. They should arrive in a couple of days.
Keep the others as back up for the next idiot architect.

Reply to niceic certificates in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net