Discuss Nothing to do with electrics, but im hoping someone can confirm for me in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wade88

Alrighty lads,

Trying to work out compressed air requisites at work here and ultimately deciding on whether a bigger air reciever is necessary to service these ever growing requirements. Its useless for me to know the working pressure of the machine which is seemingly the only bit of information printed on the spec panel on of most of the machines, although i have noticed this symbol "l'~" on one machine with a figure relative next to it. Now i am assuming this is "litres per second" as it cant be litres per minute thats just not enough air being used. If it was litres per second that would then bring the figures up to par with the spec book i have for that machine stating it is a 25-40 CFM (depending on tube type) machine.

Problem is we only have a 50-60 CFM compressor with a total load across all machines of circa 125-140 CFM...so i need to be sure of our total consumption.

I shall persist from blathering on...... can anyone confirm that L'~ is the symbol for litres per second?

Thanks fellas

Ben

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest Ben you’re better getting a consultant to look at it for you.
They can advise on consumption and things like flow restrictions (which we found to be a problem with some machines). Air leaks are costly and well worth the effort of stopping.

As for your little symbol, not seen it before, but that means nothing.

Hi Tony thanks for the reply,

Well i actually had our service engineer round this morning to take a look at a faulty regulator and we got chatting and both noticed this symbol, he hadn't seen it before either and hes been in the business of compressors since 82, which suggests to me its obviously not a frequently seen or used symbol and may be totally unique to the Italian company who built this machine, but im just one of those people who MUST know, and its annoying me i cant find an answer, so it thought i would consult the brains on here as my experience now tells me most of you lot have something to say about anything and the advice is usually pretty sound so thought i would try my luck.

Its not important, it just irritates me not having the answer and it was obviously important enough to punch into the spec plate for one reason or another. However, i shall not lose sleep. :D

does it mean italian tanks have 1 forward gear and 6 reverse?

Reply to Nothing to do with electrics, but im hoping someone can confirm for me in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net