Discuss Off Grid Wind Turbine in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest123

Evenin all.

As a bit of a project, I've decided to have a look into small scale off grid wind power.

The location where I live, I believe would be well suited to a small turbine install as it's very exposed and windy almost all of the time.

Do any members have any recommendations on systems they've worked with before WRT to quality of components & after sales etc.

I've been looking at this one.......

Land Wind Turbine Kit - WAS £2,000.00 NOW £1,799.00

Depending on how much you want to spend, try the evance r9000 its the only off grid you can get fits for, as far as i know, i am building a project for customer at the moment for off grid.

Depending on how much you want to spend, try the evance r9000 its the only off grid you can get fits for, as far as i know, i am building a project for customer at the moment for off grid.

So, without it being grid-tied, how is it suitable for an FiT??

Is it purely because of the amount of energy produced by it that the DNO's expect you to use instead of grid fed energy??

If you go on to the energy saving trust web site you will find all the information about off grid tariffs for wind turbines, you will also find a very useful tool for the wind speeds in your postcode, its a bit funny to use you have to put your postcode in then it generates a number you have to input and it will give a wind speed average for your house, a good bit of kit but could be made easier to use.

Reply to Off Grid Wind Turbine in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net