Discuss PIR Sensor in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RichardRichard

Hi All

This question should probably be in the DIY section but it appears to be locked and won't allow me to post a new message on there so....

I am trying to get a PIR sensor working in a house I moved into but I cannot find any advice online.

This sensor was set up by the previous owner in the garage but I had the garage converted and the builder knocked it off the wall.

Now when I set the alarm (Accenta 8) the tamper light on the control panel comes on immediately and I have to omit the garage zone in order to set the alarm.

I have opened the PIR and there are only 4 wires (red, yellow, blue and black). The red and yellow are connected to TAM but the blue and black are not connected at all so I wonder if these came out when the builder knocked the PIR.

The other sections that wires could be connected to are 12v-, 12v+, N.C or EOL (see image below).

Can anyone advise me which wire should go where in order to get this working?

Thank you.

DSC_0026.jpg

Every installer uses their own colour code, so would only be guessing......can you take a photo of the control panel, with the lid removed, this will help.

Someone's not wired that up at all correctly. Where are you based. One of our members could sort it out for you

Thank you [FONT=arial, sans-serif]lecsleaford and tazz.

I checked the other PIRs in the house but they are all a different model of PIR and are wired inside with 6 wires. This one must have been added on at a later date.

I have taken a photo of the control panel with the cover off.

I know that the zone affected is zone 8 if that helps...

[/FONT]DSC_0027.jpg

OK there is only a 4 core at the pir, looking at the panel, zone 8 is black/red which should be connected to nc terminals on pir, if blue and yellow are connected to 13v aux on the panel, then this should be 12v terminals on the pir

Cheers for taking a look at this taz.

Here is a photo of the control panel a bit further along.

Does this shed anymore light on things?

DSC_0028.jpg

Right that shows red/black in 13v also....???.
Ok we need to find 12v supply, so either test red/black for 12v with a meter, or connect into 12v and see if led comes on when movement is detector........if red/black is supply, then blue/yellow connect to N/C

Ok, there is a hole for 12v- and a hole for 12v+ in the PIR.
I haven't got a meter so do you want me to take the red out of the TAMP hole and put it in the 12v+ and put the black in the same hole?

you may end up damaging the panel. best to get someone competent with alarms to fix it.

red in +12v terminal and black in -12v terminal.....going for power first so we dont blow fuse

Cheers Taz, tried it but still nothing.

I think this looks like a job for the professionals.

Thank you for your help anyway.

Reply to PIR Sensor in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net