Discuss ** Please Help** Wiring a ceiling fan to a two-in-one dimmer/fan speed wall switch in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DumbDIYer

DIY
Reaction score
Hi there, please help. I live in Florida and am replacing a ceiling fan in a bedroom. The new fan has no pull cords and no remote. It came packaged with a wall switch that has a light dimmer dial and a 3-speed adjustable fan dial all in one switch (See attached photo)

The wall switch that came with the fan has a black 'AC Line L' wire, a black 'Motor' wire, a blue 'Light' wire, and a ground wire (See attached photo)

The wires coming out of the ceiling junction box are white, black, and ground. The wires coming out of the fan motor are white, black, blue, and ground (See attached photo)

The wall gang box has two black wires connected to each other which were connected to one terminal on the original wall switch and another lone black wire connected to the other terminal on the wall switch. Tucked away in the back of the box are three white wires connected together and capped off along with two ground wires connected and capped (See attached photo)

How do I wire this so the the knobs on the wall switch control the light and fan speed separately? So far, I have only been able to get one dial to control both the light and fan speed at the same time. Is it even possible with the way the home is wired? Thank you in advance. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image000002.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 3
  • image000003.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 3
  • image000001.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 2
  • image000000.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 3

Reply to ** Please Help** Wiring a ceiling fan to a two-in-one dimmer/fan speed wall switch in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net