Discuss power to garage in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

AJ16

-
DIY
Reaction score
I have got an underground armoured cable which comes up outside my garage wall. It's not connected yet. The question is what is the best way of doing things from here on. The garage wall is 100mm blockwork, not sure how deep the foundation strip is if any, the cable is approx 20mm dia. How should I get the cable into the garage? Should it be taken in as it is in which case the only practical way is to clip it up the wall to the eaves and in, or can it be terminated outside and then normal 2.5 T&E taken in through the wall. Of course this cable is not very bendy so that seems to limit the options both outside and inside the garage. Also if it is taken in then does it have to go to a metalclad box, or can it go to a normal small plastic consumer unit enclosure?

Reply to power to garage in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

DIYer question. I have a 32 amp supply going from consumer unit in garage to kitchen. It supplies an induction hob only. The cable is easily...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
Hi all, First post here, hope I'm compliant with the rules! I did do a quick search before asking this, but I couldn't quite come up with the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm going to be wiring up my garden office with power and ethernet underground and I need advice on the best way to run the cables as I have...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock