Discuss Power to meter, no power directly under meter at breaker box. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

BrittMK

DIY
Reaction score
I am trying to move into a house that has been vacant for 2 years. I called the power company because the power isn't working. They sent someone out, but said the meter is good and we need to hire a electrician.
The electrician came out and used a device to see if power was coming out. It showed there was power to the meter but nothing coming out, even the wires leading to the breaker box had no power. Because of this he said I need to get the power company to check the meter again.
The power company checked again and still said it's not on them to fix, but the electrician said that is was. What do I do? Any suggestions on what the issue might be?

Do you have any pictures?
it seems like you may have to get them both on site at the same time.

I am trying to move into a house that has been vacant for 2 years. I called the power company because the power isn't working. They sent someone out, but said the meter is good and we need to hire a electrician.
The electrician came out and used a device to see if power was coming out. It showed there was power to the meter but nothing coming out, even the wires leading to the breaker box had no power. Because of this he said I need to get the power company to check the meter again.
The power company checked again and still said it's not on them to fix, but the electrician said that is was. What do I do? Any suggestions on what the issue might be?
Your meter is a smart meter and the power company has the power off. Call them back and tell them to check the load side of the meter. Usually when you call the power company all they check is the line side for power and after that it’s yours. For what ever reason they have the power cut off

Reply to Power to meter, no power directly under meter at breaker box. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net