Discuss Public Liability Insurance for Solar Panel Installation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

ARPower

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for any brokers or insurance companies where they have a good deal? Some of the quotes I am getting are crazy!!

best one ive had was £650 but at mo as my existing policy has no height restrictions im keeping stumm ! but if i said ive dropped something off scaffold while fitting solarpv bet they would say ON UR BIKE!!!!

Napit insurance is £600. Based on 10 installs a year. 3rd party and employers liability etc.

It's good insurance, but it costs a lot.

Erm, please forgive my ignorance but how can you predict how many sales your going to make on a new (or newish) venture.
What happens if you have more or less installs?
Do they give you a refund if you don't haven enough installs?
Do they tell you how much extra per install if you make more sales?

Just a few obvious questions

Richard

listen i rec u will be lucky to do 10 instals next yr! that would class as a RESULT i rec!! the important part of insurance is INDEMNITY !! just incase the roof drops cause of weight of INSTAL!! that sort of thing!

Erm, please forgive my ignorance but how can you predict how many sales your going to make on a new (or newish) venture.
What happens if you have more or less installs?
Do they give you a refund if you don't haven enough installs?
Do they tell you how much extra per install if you make more sales?

Just a few obvious questions

Richard
Just some obvious answers..

It's just a guide so the underwriters can judge the risk. If you go over/under slightly it's no problem, it's always best to keep them informed though. I suppose it's a bit like car insurance asking how many miles you drive?

Last edited by a moderator:
listen i rec u will be lucky to do 10 instals next yr! that would class as a RESULT i rec!! the important part of insurance is INDEMNITY !! just incase the roof drops cause of weight of INSTAL!! that sort of thing!

ATM if I do 10 next year, I will be a happy bunny. I think it will sort itself out after March time in my opinion.

You cant possibly have imdemnity in for that price!!

oh yeah, the napit one has all the required indemnity that napit require.

I bumped into them at the installer live show at the NEC, i was with Trade Direct, they said that their insurance had more holes in it than a sieve.

But I guess, they would say that.

Around £680 with NAPIT, pub liability £2M, prof indemnity £150K and employers liability as a ltd co. by far the best price i could get

Napit are pretty much unbeatable when you get into emploers liability, i was quoted over £2k by some!

Mine has 500k indemnity £10M employer, £2M liability, they also tore niceic insurance apart once i sent them my quote from them. Which they then matched anyway.

Didn't realise Napit provided Insurance, I will def get on to them in the morning, those prices sound very fair. The cheapest I've had at mo is £925 after which it shoots up to £2k which is just extortionate!!

Last edited by a moderator:
thats rip offfffffffffffffffffffffffff!! try niceic or napit!! think i had one from northan alliance 650!! im in office tomoz if u want to no pm me!!!

Reply to Public Liability Insurance for Solar Panel Installation in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net