Discuss Rangemaster Cooker Hob Electrics Problem in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a rangemaster 110 cooker and 2 of the hobs do not spark when pressing the button at the front of the cooker. The other 2 hobs spark and light ok.
I have replaced the electrodes with new ones purchased from espares website.

Rangemaster Hotplate Electrode for Classic Deluxe 110

However, this has not solved the problem. Both hobs do not spark and I have to use a match to ignite it. I held an electrical tester up to the problematic electrodes and can see short bursts of current are passing through when pressing the button. However, no spark is observed anywhere...
Grateful for any advice as what I need to do or who I need to contact.
thanks,
matt

Last edited:
It's likely the spark generator module. The coils are double ended (much like many 4-cyl car ignition coil packs) so one faulty coil in th module will kill 2 spark positions.

Simon.

Reply to Rangemaster Cooker Hob Electrics Problem in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've moved house and have had a full re-wire and new kitchen fitted in Nov 2020, incl a new electric oven and gas hob. The oven is a Bosch...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would appreciate some views on the following issue I have. The Cooker radial in a house has been wired in 2.5mm T&E, to save the expense...
Replies
Views
Evening all, I’ve had a fault recently with a hotpoint free standing electric cooker and wondering if anyone has had a similar problem. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry If I am posting in the wrong place, I am new. If you could take the time to read my post, I would appreciate it more than you know. I...
Replies
Views
At the moment I have a stand alone cooker – it is an electric oven with gas hobs. I want to get rid of this and extend my kitchen worktop to put...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock