Discuss RCBO trips with dishwasher in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

with mains filters, the easiest way is just to snip them out of circuit. all they do is stop your machine interfering with TV reception on emmeroids and constipation st. so why bother?

could it cause to trip halfway through though? It alwasy trips at the same point? e.g. when the main wash cycle starts and the motor and element are going at there best.

I know this is no help whatsoever to the op ...... but for a few days now my tumble dryer has been tripping the rcd - until yesterday when it went up in flames ..... :32:

very unlikely. it seems to me that it's motor related. you've replaced the element. time to IR the motor, check for any water leakage. process of elimination. could always take out one of those maintenance contracts, wait a fortnight, then report the fault.

very unlikely. it seems to me that it's motor related. you've replaced the element. time to IR the motor, check for any water leakage. process of elimination. could always take out one of those maintenance contracts, wait a fortnight, then report the fault.

Spoken like a true Scouser !! ;)

are you sure it's not metal fatigue, lugging copper to the scrappy? :nopity:

Right, this it last chance saloon for this dishwasher. I have disconnected the main filter, am sure there are no leaks, tested the main motor continuity ok and insulation resistance all >200mega ohm. However the motor that drives the waste water pump had some unusual readings. See attached photo... (IR 1.48 mega ohms continuity 63 ohms)

Does that mean the motor is buggered?

Attachments

• IMG-20121122-00091.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 22

Reply to RCBO trips with dishwasher in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net