Discuss RCD Trips in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

steve58

Two jobs both identical with panels and invertors ect. Ie: Aurora 3.6 TL , 14 panels 235w. Both using Wylex garage boards 16amp mcb and 63a 30ma RCD 4mm T&E. One starts up and works no problem the one next door trips RCD. Done all checks and test all ok. Invertor goes through start up all ok then after about 2 mins trips RCD. Any ideas please

any tl inverter will take out 30ma rds all day long. Either scrap the rcd all together of change to 100ma at least - obviously provided installation method of cable allows or its a tt system

any tl inverter will take out 30ma rds all day long. Either scrap the rcd all together of change to 100ma at least - obviously provided installation method of cable allows or its a tt system

Really? I have not noticed this, what evidence do you have? I need to ensure our installers are not doing something wrong, saying that we have not had an influx of complaints about RCD trips either which I am sure we would of had with the amount of installs carried out :(

The amount of ones I have had to change in recent months! Also all manfacturers I use recommend Atleast 100ma SMa solarmax eversolar fronius etc. 30ma rcd's will generally go randomly and from experience will happen mostly on duel tl inverter setups and the larger size inverters 3.5 kwvand up although it has happened on the smaller ones.

Also never put an inverter on a shared rcd's just in case you didn't know

I would not expect you to and our company has installed 30ma Type B RCDs for over 7 years and out of all the installs only had to replace about two which were on tin roofs.

Is this not just masking a problem within the houshold or the design? Why would you have residual current on a class II product ??

As a quick question how many other installers increase the RCD size to combat tripping ?

Reply to RCD Trips in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net