Discuss Remote 2 way switching help needed. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SirKit Breaker

Hello all,

Been asked to convert single way 4 gang lighting in a warehouse to 2 way.

The set up at the moment is 4 single gang grid switches operating 1 relay each which turns on a bank of hi bay lights, there are 4 banks of hi bays.

Customer wants me to fit 2 way switching to other side of warehouse as this is the exit route and in winter it will be dangerous crossing the warehouse unlit.

I can run 3 cores but it will be a really bad massive ballache to do.

Can anyone think of a remote system i could fit, all the ones i can find are domestic based bloody dimmers.

Cheers........Howard

why not put a couple or three pir operated low energy bulkhead sort of lights on the exit route, I'm sure there must be a wall there somewhere and they can be mounted around 2.5 to 3 mtrs high and spurred from something local

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you add an extra bistable relay alongside the existing relay and also use bell press type switches instead of normal lever switches. If so you can just use 2 cores to each switch.

Would it be possible to install a long range presence detector directed towards the other entrance. These can work up to 30M and if you could place it near the existing relays it might be handy enough to wire. Use this to override one of the relays and bring on a row of lights.

simplest thing imo -is prob a pair from the 4 gang to a master-off at entrance

you could get something wireless with a changeover contact on the receiver-mightn't be worth the bother with cost of components and any reliability issues

Last edited by a moderator:
Remote switching ?
Perhaps use an easy switch transmitter and reciever to bring in the control circuit of a tripple pole contactor to activate the lights,they have over an 100 meters range apparently
About £ 100 for the 2 items

Thanks for all the replies and advice. Des, I Have used the easyswitch system before, and if i recall it can switch 4 loads at 16a, so i think i may go down that route.
I haven't had a chance to have a good luck at the relay set up, but i will tomorrow, and if the load is OK for easy switch then that is what i will do.

Cheerss........Howard

Reply to Remote 2 way switching help needed. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net