Discuss Ring circuit readings in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

dogtag

-
Reaction score
Hi all I am about 2 years retired after being NICEIC registered for over 20 years.
An old customer just a little concerned about an EICR just been done on her property by someone else now with lots of N/A everywhere

main one being no end to end readings (R1R2) entered for the ring circuits

I can’t think of any reason why these would not have been entered. Any ideas apart from laziness

Hi all I am about 2 years retired after being NICEIC registered for over 20 years.
An old customer just a little concerned about an EICR just been done on her property by someone else now with lots of N/A everywhere

main one being no end to end readings (R1R2) entered for the ring circuits

I can’t think of any reason why these would not have been entered. Any ideas apart from laziness

Lack of R1/R2 for rings is normal as CPC continuity is confirmed by the r2 test, as is respective continuity for r1 and rN.

The form only requires one of R1/R2 or R2 both of which can be calculated from the little 'r' readings and, as those are measured results, this is perfectly acceptable.

So as long as all the little 'r' ring continuity tests are complete and compliant then the big 'R' results will be.

confusion reigns . OP.... end to end is r1,r2,rN. note lower case letters. the EICR should have r1,r2, rN for a ring. all circuits should have either R1+R2 or R2 readings entered on the test results.

confusion reigns . OP.... end to end is r1,r2,rN. note lower case letters. the EICR should have r1,r2, rN for a ring. all circuits should have either R1+R2 or R2 readings entered on the test results.
Thanks for your replies. I missed that and have always entered r1, r2, rn all lower case as you say. I’ll just go back to my armchair and sleep.

Thanks for your replies. I missed that and have always entered r1, r2, rn all lower case as you say. I’ll just go back to my armchair and sleep.
i'm already in mine but can't sleep. she's not brought me my beer yet.

Sounds like a job done to a standard which is commonly encountered nowadays. I always do the full figures and as for N/A everywhere, was that agreed with the client/person ordering the work? Did it say as much in the certificate? Those sort of certificates are a pale comparison to an EICR done properly. I think we know in the trade that these kind of things are laziness or a lack of knowledge/pride in ones work. They do leave themselves open to various law suits if things go wrong. As well I worry about the client accepting this as satisfactory as they may have things wrong with their installation that have not been properly investigated/remedied.

It certainly seems to be, but to me "redacted" means removed, what we are generally asking is for information to be "obscured" just seems to be a fad, someone used it and others have thought "Oh nice word" I'm going to use that and latched on I suppose.

A friend of mine in France belongs to a shooting club and has a Glock, I was amazed how lightweight it was and accurate, I think most of that was down too how little recoil it had when shot, the barn door was in jeopardy.

Reply to Ring circuit readings in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net