Discuss Safezone with an invisible socket? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mighty_G

Hi all,

Can you use a safezone from a socket mounted in a kitchen unit for above the kitchen unit?

Basically I want to run a boiler 4 core cable down the kitchen wall, without installing a socket on the wall, so I'm wondering if I can put a socket in the cabinet?

Thanks

Paul

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

debatable. does the cable for the socket under the worktop come vertically down the wall?if so, you could follow it's route.

No it doesn't, and your response that it's debatable is what I was thinking.
Time for another plan, which is to run it behind a socket but one above the unit.
Thanks for the input, it's appreciated

Paul

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

or is it possible to run down in a corner, < 150mm from the adjacent wall?

What does this cable go to, and why can't it go straight down to whatever it is? Or is this passing through the room without stopping? If this is the case of be looking for a boxing or built in cupboard to use as a route, or even a tall unit in the kitchen

As a last resort put a back box visible above the cupboard and run the cable straight through. Then put a blanking plate over it.

Why can't you use a corner of the room?

Reply to Safezone with an invisible socket? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'd like to move the existing socket that feeds the boiler down to where I've pencilled in that can be seen on the photo. The socket to the...
Replies
Views
Doing some work in a commercial restaurant/kitchen the builders had already boarded and plastered the walls meaning my only viable route is to use...
Replies
Views
DIY'er question: I have a singe switched fused spur above my kitchen counter, providing power to an undercounter fridge socket beneath it. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have lifetime experience (50+ years) in United States with basic knowledge of split phase 120/240 volts replacing wall switches and...
Replies
Views
Some advise or views would be appreciated. My supply is 100 amp single phase. I purchased my property 3 years ago or so, the owner prior to the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock