Discuss Sanyo Hit-N system instaleed, results in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Aquinas_Quark

Hello all, hope this is of some interest. I could find very few results of actual installed systems on the forums, so this may be of some help.
Just had (Thursday 13th Oct) a 15 x (could not fit 16, not enough space) Sanyo HIT-N240SE10 panels + Fronius IG-TL 3.6 inverter.
Location, sunny(?) Poole, Dorset, very nearly South facing, 40 degrees pitch. 12 panels on main roof, 3 on a gable end (same orientation). Slight morning shading from neighbour's tree, slight evening from gable onto main roof.
First impressions - the inverter is very quiet, slight buzz above 1.5kW output, fan cuts in at about 1.8kW; perhaps equal to someone talking quietly.
The inverter goes down to 100W or less output before quitting!
The output fluctuates wildly as clouds go over - often 300W to 2kW within a minute - makes planning use of the generated power a challenge!
640V DC off the panels even at a pathetic 220W AC output from inverter.
Peak output observed so far 3.3 kW (Saturday).
Cloudy Friday, 7 kWh output; sunny periods Saturday, 13 kWh ; cloudy Sunday, 7kWh.
An impotant tip: I made a scale cardboard plan of my roof and cut card rectangles for panels. By putting them in different arrangements I managed to get FOUR more panels on than my installer's software was saying (!!). Software output is only as good as the input one puts in.....
Any questions feel free to ask.

Hi

I am due to have my 15 Sanyo HIT N235s installed this week not a million miles from you (Eastleigh, Hampshire) on Southerly facing roof (some potential limited shading issues from trees) coupled with a Fronius IG TL 3.0. Will be interesting to compare our results.

Richard

Hi Alan

My installer seemed to think the N235s were a better match to my inverter than the 240s with the next size up inverter (I have read that the inverter's peak output should be less than your array's peak for most efficient usage). I don't think it's going to be a big difference though (our systems are virtually identical in terms of array size, yours being 0.075kWP bigger than mine).

I make 15 x 235 = 3.525 kW peak; I understand the inverter runs better slightly overrated, but a 3.0 inverter on a 3.525 system? I would do some research on that (we all hope for slightly MORE kW when it's blazing sunshine - I believe Sanyo panels may give +10% over rated value ; but of course when hot they produce less...)
Cheers
Alan

PS
Fronius site says
DC max 3130 W, voltage range 350-700V DC, max AC 3kW for the IG TL 3.0....
PPS my system £12,400; can I ask what your quote is?
Cheers
Alan

I did question the size originally, but was assured that Fronius's own software says it is the best match for the N235s. Your quote is a shade under £500 less than mine - did you get a 20yr warrany with the inverter? Very good quote if so :)

Yes 20 yr warranty; I had about 10-12 quotes, the one I went with seemed the most informed, and also was cheapest in £/kWp.
Good luck and let me know your output when up & running!
Cheers
Alan

cheapest quote doesn't mean its the best installation ... just the cheapest!

Speak to the installers about how they will complete the installation, i.e. fixings?
Do they offer a maintenance service and if so what are the costs?
Whats covered in their warranty?

Solar PV isn't a cheap throwaway product, you should hopefully only ever have one installation so it needs to be right on day 1.

just my 2p worth

Scott

Hi Scott, I thought my first post was crystal clear; I have had the system installed. 20 years inverter, 10 years warranty on panels, plus 20 year panel output guarantee as normal, 10 year iwa.biz warranty on workmanship (whatever that means). The installer was the most knowledgeable (in fact it was the owner of the company who came to quote) and so far all seems well. Cheers Alan

Have had my Sanyo system running for 2 weeks tomorrow consisting of 16 x N240SE10 panels with a sunnyboy inverter and so far it has made 116kwh. Orientation SSW 41 degree pitch with no shading. Best day so far was Saturday with the sunnybeam showing a lovely smooth curve and a production of 18.6kwh

Have had my Sanyo system running for 2 weeks tomorrow consisting of 16 x N240SE10 panels with a sunnyboy inverter and so far it has made 116kwh. Orientation SSW 41 degree pitch with no shading. Best day so far was Saturday with the sunnybeam showing a lovely smooth curve and a production of 18.6kwh

Interesting seeing what your best reading was, where are you located? I'm on the England / Scotland border with a 3.96 Sharp array 51 degrees East so not ideal, but we generated 16kwh on our best day last week and it was by no means a sunny day all day. In fact I can't remember a day in the last fortnight that hasn't had wind and cloud .......

Just installed 16 sanyo hit 240se10 with sunnyboy 3800 and sunnybeam for £11800 plus 5% (its a nice looking system)u wont be dissapointed!

hmmm all this makes very good reading , but at the same time ,, makes you more confused about what system your looking at .. I am thinking of a system made up of 16 sanyo hit 250h serious and they are telling me a power 1 3.6 aurora invert with 10 year warr , for £12300 inc vat .. but not sure about the invert i think its too small for the system seeing as the sanyo peak power could be %10 higher which means it being around 4.5kw which i think is too high for the invertor , would be nice to hear what you guys think of the invertor /panel match ... thanks

£12.3k including VAT? Absolutely ridiculous price.

As for the inverter, I would say it is a good choice. Your system will occasionally outperform the 4kWp rating but it will be uncommon. Upgrading the size of the inverter would be uneconomical.

hi again , many thanks for your reply biggssolar ,, i have to say that my roof is perfect south and 30 degree pitch and in notts area so should give some good results ,, i think its a great price ,, i did work hard on bringing him down , just going to check one of their installs next week to check the work .. So i take it that even thou you fit a 4kw system , it never really gives you that back only on a few great days ,,

oh one other thing if you all dont mind , this company is saying they wont fit the invertor in the attic space due to high fluctations of temp in there , that could affect the invertor , but i have checked the spec on the aurora , and it says it will work in temp -25 to +60 i can never see my loft getting anywhere near that heat in the uk .. does anybody else have views on this matter .. thanks in advance .

Reply to Sanyo Hit-N system instaleed, results in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net