Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Nice job for a first attempt, why didn't you put a vertical run in to collect the cables between the 2 enclosures? less drilling than all the cleats!. As above I would have used shallow (20mm) unistrut bars to mount it on.

Nice job for a first attempt, why didn't you put a vertical run in to collect the cables between the 2 enclosures? less drilling than all the cleats!. As above I would have used shallow (20mm) unistrut bars to mount it on.

as rob says,abit of tray for the other cables would have looked much better,it looks like someone has come in after your work and just drilled theres to the wall,with pic 2 a small internal bend then a tee would have again looked nicer,but as a first go its worth a b+...

A Db I never got to finish :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 719
Hi Si, is that a black Henley block with the tails going to your isolator? How did you terminate the tails from the meter into it? I was maybe going to have to do that a few months ago but never done the job in the end. Does the power supplier have to send sparks out to do it?

P1000108.JPG

I Installed 2 of these and i service them monthly, can you guess what it is? ill give you a clue, it uses 20+ different A/C and D/C voltages, from 5V to 700V and everything you can see spins at 3 revolutions a second....

main board

Done this noard when doing addition in house

Central heating and both 10mm to gas and water plus radial circuit connected when wired that day

Attachments

• image.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 714
Last edited:
16amp was used fo radial and six for used for heating. Company keep an eye on spare rcbos making sure they are not swapped for blanks

earth 11 was earth to gas which was getting took out when I wired the new 10 mm to gas that day

Last edited:
16amp was used for fire and six for used for heating. Working with a local authority so they keep an eye on spare rcbos making sure they are not swapped for blanks

earth 11 was earth to gas which was getting took out when I wired the new 10 mm to gas that day

i was being a arse really, to many beers and nothing to do ! but notice the cpc for circuit 6 is in terminal 8 !

Whoops me bad apart from that its passable considering some on the ones we come across. Open a board and its like spaghetti junction and the test sticker is from a week ago and u have to try and connect a new circuit to it with great difficulty

whats the deal with the RCBO earth connections in the DB? never seen that before, but dont work on domestic.. i was always told that RCBO earths have to go into the same connection as the CPC for identification, surely the RCBO earths need to be numbered?

Yes hopefully much cleverer people than us have designed it!
Can't be anymore than 125 amps though could it ?
What do you think the eaton 3's ?

Yes I totally agree but I also like the door interlocking and for this one it was going inbetween two other items. I'm looking for another isolator make at the moment. ABB are quite good.

whats the deal with the RCBO earth connections in the DB? never seen that before, but don't work on domestic.. i was always told that RCBO earths have to go into the same connection as the CPC for identification, surely the RCBO earths need to be numbered?

Correct, RCBO functional earth leads should be connected in the same earth terminal as the circuits CPC. That is the case whether it be domestic, commercial, or industrial.

IMG_0710.jpg

Recently changed a board, I think that the tails outer sheathing should go right up to the main breaker but the 25mm tails were being pigs to bend. I'm open for constructive criticism to improve in future, also the spare ways may be used shortly - the client is having work done so spares have been left in accordance with prospective additons

Before and after, may of got it a bit neater if I had more room and wasn't standing so high up a ladder

Still at least it's labelled (the marks on the fuse boxes were mine working out what was doing what) and has all the cpcs connected, quality way to cure your rcd problems by removing them :sick:

Attachments

• 100_2000.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 356
  • 100_2015.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 351
  • 100_2008.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 381

Reply to **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net