Discuss Solar instal in Blackpool - lots of questions in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Danesol, I noticed that your Sanyo system only made 98% of the SAP calculation, strange that as most systems appear to be 10% over SAP, and that is without Sanyo panels, me thinks you have a design fault there, any comments chaps?

I spoke to my installers about this as I have two distinct shade issues first thing in the morning and at around 4pm ( summer peak ) due to the surrounding environment, I have no control over. I suggested they could of spilt the array into 2 strings to cater for East & West shade - too late they said now.... however they did turn on the tracker a fair few mths in.

Weather in the North West has been terrible, however im up on last year - so hopefully it will be better returns this year but you are naturally are at the mercy of the elements !

We live in hope !

ps> I have been seeing peaks of 3.1KW on a 2.88KW system recently - so thats promising this early on ?

yes, I noticed that as well. All our systems are 20-30% above SAP. Those are in the south of course but the one we have in York is also producing at well above prediction.

predictions of output are supposed to take account of shading issues and installations should be designed around the limitations of the environment, at least, if they're a decent installer!

my SAP target on modest shade would be 1972kWhr per year
probably the installer trying to make their install look better at the time of the quote. I've lost jobs before when people have rather naively fallen for that tactic.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, I noticed that as well. All our systems are 20-30% above SAP. Those are in the south of course but the one we have in York is also producing at well above prediction.

Well, I can assure you I'm not on my own and are constantly comparing like for like and similar systems to mine in the local area and beyond and my figs stack up well, but other systems elsewhere seemed to have really exceptional weather at key times last year.

However, i'm not complaining as my monetary return this year was excellent !

You chose a good installer then who didnt notice (or didnt design around) the shading issue at 4pm in the summer? I am intrigued why you didn't go for a bigger PV system as well seeing as you had quotes for 3 kWp of kinve panels? Yet opted for 2.88 kWp of sanyos?

You chose a good installer then who didnt notice (or didnt design around) the shading issue at 4pm in the summer? I am intrigued why you didn't go for a bigger PV system as well seeing as you had quotes for 3 kWp of kinve panels? Yet opted for 2.88 kWp of sanyos?

Again totally off topic but I had limited roof space......... so used Sanyos as I got the most I could out of the space I had with the performance and kit I requested !

Plus at time of order - there were NO panels available in the UK anywhere and was just lucky in the end, perhaps you cant remember those times ??

EDIT> Roof could of just fitted 14 HiTS - installer only could get 12 for me - I had no choice but to just accept what they could get at the time """

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Solar instal in Blackpool - lots of questions in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net