Discuss Stroma in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Nic is £3.00 + vat.

Mind you that used to be £1.50 notification + £ 1.50 warranty, I'm not sure if the warrenty has been dropped or just combined.

Which just goes to show how much confidence they have in their so called quality control of competent persons!!

Let me help you out Eng as you've obviously never had an assessment or you'd know a bit more about it.

They are not 'buckshee', you pay for them with your annual fee.
Of course they never take a day, they are half day assessments,
Following on from above, the assessors have 2 to complete in a day not 3. Whooopeeee ....2 a day then, it's not a full day is it!!! I'll stand by the term ''Buckshee'' though!! lol!!

Honestly Eng, for someone who does not work in the industry in this country, doesn't undertake the type of work that part p covers, has never been a scheme member, has never used the niceic helpline or had an assessment you seem have a strong opinion on it.

It doesn't take much common sense to see exactly what's going on with these Scam providers, does it. Let's face it if a guy that was stacking shelves at Tesco's 17 days ago, can be accepted into any of these provider schemes as being competent, something HAS to be very Wrong somewhere...

Listen, any parasitic Scam organisation that is wholly dependant on members fee's that rarely if ever cancels a membership on the basis of incompetence, rarely if ever accepts responsibility for it's members atrocious work (unless literary threatened with legal proceedings), or even supports its own members against bogus claims etc, deserves every criticism aimed in their direction.....

As for the helpline, do a little research here on past advice that's been handed down to the forum members and then tell me they give sound and accurate advice....

Yes i do have a strong opinion about these parasitic organisations, i see them as a major cause of the decline of the industry i hold in the highest respect....

OK clever cloggs, what does this additional warranty fee cover, that an electricians normal insurance obligations doesn't??

It covered the client in the event of a problem and the contractor no longer trading, ie, retired, ill, dead etc. My pl insurance does not cover that.
But like I said, that part has disappeared from my invoice. Maybe I'll call the helpline.

It covered the client in the event of a problem and the contractor no longer trading, ie, retired, ill, dead etc. My pl insurance does not cover that.
But like I said, that part has disappeared from my invoice. Maybe I'll call the helpline.

So what does the Scheme providers insurance cover then, that they seem to highlight on every advertisement i've seen, especially those for NICEIC?? Seems to me that members of these schemes are also paying for the schemes insurances that rarely get called on to cough up for anything, and if they do only after a long drawn out litigation process!! lol!!

EDIT... i deal with contractual matters on a day to day basis, and if you were insured at the time of any work being carried out, then any problem with that work will still be covered by the insurance in place at that time (dependant on any warranty period still being in force)....

Last edited by a moderator:
OK clever cloggs, what does this additional warranty fee cover, that an electricians normal insurance obligations doesn't??

It is supposed to be similar to the nhbc warranty, it lasts for the same number of years and should provide similar sort of cover.
Also it is a warranty and not an insurance,

Last edited:
So what does the Scheme providers insurance cover then, that they seem to highlight on every advertisement i've seen, especially those for NICEIC?? Seems to me that members of these schemes are also paying for the schemes insurances that rarely get called on to cough up for anything, and if they do only after a long drawn out litigation process!! lol!!

Probably, I couldn't comment as I don't know enough about it.
Most insurances never need to cough up though.

It is supposed to be similar to the nhbc warranty, it lasts for the same number of years and should provide similar sort of cover.
Also it is a warranty and not an insurance,

From what i remember of the NHBC warranty, it had so many exemptions it actually covered very little after the first year.
I can only assume the same thing applies to this warranty. In other words someone is making an awful lot of buckshee money, for offering very little in return. That sounds about right then...lol!!

From what i remember of the NHBC warranty, it had so many exemptions it actually covered very little after the first year.
I can only assume the same thing applies to this warranty. In other words someone is making an awful lot of buckshee money, for offering very little in return. That sounds about right then...lol!!

Bear in mind that this was dreamt up, around the same time as the reduction of notifiable jobs and you can imagine the thinking behind it.

Scam Manager1 - how are we going to "fill" the gap left by the reduction of notifiable work?

Scam Manager2 - lets persuade the DCLG to make the warranty "mandatory"

Scam Manager3 - by jove mate, what a great idea, that means we can keep our pensions intact as nobody claims anyway!

As far as i've been able to make out, these buckshee assessments never take a full day, the assessors have two or three to complete a day!! It basically the Scams annual money collecting exercise...
Well we've seen the quality of some of the advice offered to members here by Scam helplines, which to be honest doesn't exactly instill any real confidence!!

In the valley of the blind . . . . .

Reply to Stroma in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net