Discuss Suppliers meter needs reset, who is responsible? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Robb

Hi all,

I recently attanded a property for a landlord that had no power on the economy 7 heaters. Normal supply was fine. I checked all the fuses and switches and got all the heaters working. I told the occupier it is their electricity suppliers problem as it is aproblem with the meter,

When the electricity board came out they said the meter just needed reset and any electrician should know this. Now the landlord is not happy about my small charge to him, but surely the meter is not my responsibility. If I should know to reset it then so should the landlord and tennant?

Any opinions on this

If electricians were allowed to go around resetting meters then my bill at home would be significantly lower than it is!!

Most meter companies protect their meters as though they were the elixir of eternal youth..... have never heard anything so stupid.

So in one breath the DNO say keep your hands off our equipment then in the next they say reset it...............

You did the right thing by not touching it Robb after all thats what the standing charge is for that we all pay IMO

Who was it attended - the DNO or the energy supplier/meter co. ?

Apparently there is a reset button on the meter. There was of course no manual, and I have never installed one. In the customers words, it was the "electricity board" which in this case would be the SEC

Yes, the DNO meter. If I am supposed to know how to reset it then so should the landord or tennant, as this sort of information is never given out

Well if i were you i would get your client to look at this thread , because if it is how i understand it , then the DNO have been chatting rubbish !

It sounds like either the client is trying to swing the lead , or some one from the DNO is just making the op's job a pain in the arse ?

Reply to Suppliers meter needs reset, who is responsible? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net