Discuss surface wiring inside container? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ross1

-
Reaction score
Evening all,

I am pricing a job to run conduit for all accessories within a 20 foot container. the container is not getting internal lining.
As far as I know, containers are single skin. what fixings have you guy used in the past.

thanks

Evening all,

I am pricing a job to run conduit for all accessories within a 20 foot container. the container is not getting internal lining.
As far as I know, containers are single skin. what fixings have you guy used in the past.

thanks

Secondary support goalpost and brace system made from unistrut. Then you can fix what you want where you want without damaging the container.

Evening all,

thanks

You have to determine the construction by going and looking. “As far as I know” is going to lead to a (expensive) mistake.

You can’t price a job unless you know for certain.

Some comtainers are structural throught and not to be drilled.

That may well be the case for a working container being hauled on an off ships and having other full containers being stacked on top at ports and holding areas etc, but i don't think that would hold much water as a retired container now being used as say a static office, workshop etc....

magnetic saddles ;)

Actually, someone at Elex last week was showing magnetic cable management accessories. I wasn't expecting to use them myself, so I didn't take any details, but even the small ones couldn't be pulled off by hand.

This link is to something similar, but there were much bigger and stronger ones available:
CEDIA Find: Clever Magnetic Cable Management Clips from Garvin - Cedia News Article from CE Pro

Edit: I think it was this lot at Sandown:
http://www.magdaddy.co.uk/

The other issue is these magnets are extremely strong to forces in one plain but can be moved across the surface with significantly less force so not really suitable as a full fixing solution, their are plenty of bonding agents that will adhere to any surface will good environmental resiliance so that would be my choice of fixing.

Yes, I'm not saying that these magnetic cable management things are necessarily right here, but worth bearing in mind. Might get you out of a tight spot on a future job.

Reply to surface wiring inside container? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net