Discuss Suspended lighting on a vaulted ceiling in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dcf

Evening all.
looked at a job today at a empty part of a lawyers office today that they want to use for storage of files.
it was originally a wine merchants back in the day and has a vaulted concrete ceiling about 4m high.
my original thought was corrosion proof fluorescents suspended from jack chain and hooks.wired in fp200 clipped direct to the ceiling feeding klick roses to the lights, nothing fancy.
i had a brainwave later that I could suspend a 100mm cable basket with gripple y type hangers and fit the fluorescents with gland plates bushed to the basket.
this could be wired in t&e on the basket and would do away with about 300 p clips and the like required with the fp200.
the client wants it cheap of course, they just want it lit up.my thought was for about 120 quid worth of basket and accessories it would be a faster install.
thoughts please.

Sounds OK and should be easier, but can you not just have fluorescents fixed at a reasonable height (considering shelves) around the walls, this would make it easier for maintenance and easier to fit.

I've done the same myself through a tunnel carved in solid rock. Roof was rough hewn rock, using chain the run was spot on.
Go for it.

Sounds fine to me as well, we've also done similar installs using unistrut suspended by short thread rods and fluorescents attached underneath.

Reply to Suspended lighting on a vaulted ceiling in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net