Discuss The hunt for a suitable outside light..... in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just a question in case any of you know the answer before I spend a lot of time hunting.....

I am after a Black half lantern PIR outside wall light with the facility to switch on via another switched live. I have run a 3-core and earth to the fitting.

Does anyone know of a place I can order from please? I have started the search but such information is neither there or is proving difficult to find.

Thanks in advance,
Dave.

You may struggle - you'd need one where the PIR wiring was from the same terminal block as the feed so that you can bypass it with the switched live (which used to be common) - but many of them seem to hide the integrated wiring now in my experience.

You may be better with a separate PIR and then a standard half lantern. The PIR sensor on lanterns is almost always the first thing to go, and it means it can be replaced without changing the lantern.

Doesn't look quite as flush of course, so if that's the key factor you may need to track down the instruction manuals online for any candidates and it may show in the wiring diagram whether it's using a 4 way terminal block, which would suggest it can be used how you want.

You may struggle - you'd need one where the PIR wiring was from the same terminal block as the feed so that you can bypass it with the switched live (which used to be common) - but many of them seem to hide the integrated wiring now in my experience.

You may be better with a separate PIR and then a standard half lantern. The PIR sensor on lanterns is almost always the first thing to go, and it means it can be replaced without changing the lantern.

Doesn't look quite as flush of course, so if that's the key factor you may need to track down the instruction manuals online for any candidates and it may show in the wiring diagram whether it's using a 4 way terminal block, which would suggest it can be used how you want.
Cheers for the reply Dartlec.....I hear you......the client was adament he wanted just the two fittings. And I know that fittings exist.....it's just tracking them down.

Thanks for the input!

Ah - Clients ?

I did have a quick look - you can rule out Eterna PIRHL60BK - they just have a L & N block according to the manual....

Might have to get a wholesaler to open a few of stock to double check - or maybe contact one of the light manufacturers, like ASD, Ansell?

Reply to The hunt for a suitable outside light..... in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net