Discuss The worse money you have worked for? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

On job im on at min two lads just started through agency both full jib electricians but couldn't find work so they are working as mates for £10.50 an hour 45hrs a week and got a 105 mile round trip every day to do:eek:

Wasn't electrical but.....

Security guard job in a lime-stone quarry for pilkingtons thru agency..

£3.24 an hour, 108 hours a week....

the shifts were 12 hours long and went like this:

3 shift back to back,
12 hours off
3 shifts back to back,
12 hours off,
3 shifts back to back again...

on occasion the middle shift would become 4 shifts back to back making a 120 hour week.

I was a student weghing in a 14.5stones and did the job for 6 weeks.... at the end of it for a medical i went to I weighed 8.5 stones standing at 6'2"..

**Happy Days** :rolleyes:

i started on 2 quid a week :eek: wouldnt get outa bed for less than 20 now thats just to get up not for the week :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to The worse money you have worked for? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi So after working for a company i have decided to go self employed and start my own business. people on checkatrade my builder and rated...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Is there companies or people out there that can help source sub contract work as im not sure where to start. I know you get recruitment...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am just wondering if there is anybody out there interested in allowing me to do a little voluntary work with your company to gain a little...
Replies
Views
Evening all, Due to growth within the business we are looking for additional electricians to come on board to service upcoming contracts...
Replies
Views
Seeking advice, we have been replacing extractor fans for a local council and was originally told no ‘like for like’ replacement works needs a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock