Discuss Things must be getting tight in the training arena in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

TS4U are offering a prize if you apply for the 18th I think
I had that email as I got sent there to do my 17th. You win a copy of the BBB or £100 of a TS4U course! you have to enter a 1 minute questionnaire to be in the draw.
Rightly or wrongly they have found a market and yes you might query how much meaningful stuff you can learn in a short course but they have lots of people signing up.

I had a young lady from Access Training call me to offer 18th edition training. I had to politely explain that my experience with them was like pulling teeth and unfortunately I would not now touch them with a barge pole.

Why not just buy the book, read the front bit telling you what is new, changed or moved. Study these bits and discuss in the forum. Nowhere does it say you must do a course, just that your work complies with the current Regs.

A good point but most companies want to see your compliance to the latest regulations by being able to show a BS7671 certificate. In most cases to do that you have to do a course first with a provider who is approved to run the exams.... Sometimes you might know someone in the admin of a college or training provider who will allow you to sit the exam without doing the course ...... What fun !

As there is a requirement to be a member of one of the scams surely if there was any serious desire on behalf of the authorities make things safer via the regs , as a qualified signed up electrician, regs updates should be via a CPD scheme that was part of your professional membership.

A good point but most companies want to see your compliance to the latest regulations by being able to show a BS7671 certificate. In most cases to do that you have to do a course first with a provider who is approved to run the exams.... Sometimes you might know someone in the admin of a college or training provider who will allow you to sit the exam without doing the course ...... What fun !

It's all about the money, plus they want to keep the pass rate up. If I was recruiting, I'd set the guys applying a short practical assessment testing and a 30 question paper (plenty samples online)

Reply to Things must be getting tight in the training arena in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net