Discuss Timer for warehouse lights in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gerard

Hi,

I want to put the lights at work on timer. Not just an ordinary timer but one that can be set to control lights at different times of different days. Say, turn lights on Monday - Friday 8pm - 4am and then Sat and Sun 10pm - 6am.
Something nice and simple is all i'm looking for!

cheers

Well I have a timer on them already but it's just an emersion timer. thing is, it's never set right and lights tend to always be on when they shouldn't as people mess around with timer all the time. And beside I'm only doing what I'm told!

I want to put the lights at work on timer. Not just an ordinary timer but one that can be set to control lights at different times of different days.

Then there is only one timer that fits the bill and will be working long after any apprentices starting out collect their retirement pension

Sangamo

It has clockwork that has no place in these days of thrown together electronic bland a.n others

There are good timers out there, that cost a fraction of 76 quid. All the timer has to do is be pretty accurate on time and close a contact. Paying 76 notes to do that, is way OTT !!

Ok, but I want it to have certain settings during the week and different settings at wend - this will ensure the lights are always on/off when they should be

You wanted cheap, so something like this?
http://www.******************/Products/SMETU8000.html

T
he

The Sangamo ones TLC list are only 24hr not 7 day.

The Timeguard ones are "OK", but not the best, better are available, if you choose an immersion timer, you may be able to switch your light loads directly, be careful of the inductive rating of the timer though, as they will be resistive rated for an Immersion.

Others are available as are other suppliers, I have used the TLC website as it is easy to illustrate & link to.

Reply to Timer for warehouse lights in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net