Discuss Timers? in the Electrical Forum Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gerard

Hi,
I am looking for a timer that will give an output for a period of time. This pulse is triggered by an inductive proxy sensor. The pulse this sensor give is very quick and only lasts 1/10s. I want this pulse to trigger the timer to start
for a set length of time.

Thanks

What exactly is it your trying to achieve and are voltages already set or are you designing this from scratch?
I understand what you ask but more detail please does this want to only activate timer once or is it a repetitive function ...
A stab in the dark i would look at RS online site and type in the code 329777 this is a multi-function timer and has integral power source to support input from npn/pnp devices, check what its timer function can do and see if it suits your application, if not you could use a plc and write the logic control funtion to you spec' if you are familiar with logic programming.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I am waiting on a guy who deals with Carlo Gavazzi timers to get back to me. I will have a look at that one Gary and hopefully it will do the job.

Reply to Timers? in the Electrical Forum Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am trying to understand how a relay system works and have designed a circuit and a ladder diagram all as attached for an 8 PIN relay, a current...
Replies
Views
Having to wire around a messed up output for a month or so. Some sort of program corruption is keeping the central lubrication system from...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am trying to replace a heating timer with a smart switch. The current timer is the type with a dial on the front and 1 to 24 written on it...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I know this is very simple but I would like some advice please. I am installing a new circuit to feed 5 external floodlights. It is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I want to wire in a timer switch to a bathroom extractor fan. The extractor fan is currently wired to the light switch or more specifically...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock