Discuss Tips from a pro..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

"Hoover" was/is one of the original manufacturers of the vacuum cleaner, it became a generic term as they had the largest presence on the domestic market, quite obviously a young man not know that. ?

"Hoover" was/is one of the original manufacturers of the vacuum cleaner, it became a generic term as they had the largest presence on the domestic market, quite obviously a young man not know that. ?
47 in a couple of weeks, so if that’s young, I’ll take it!
I remember my gran having a “carpet sweeper” before any vacuum cleaner, and a black and white telly that needed “tuned in” with a dial just to choose between the 3 channels at the time.

dysons are crap anyway. over priced and practically unserviceable.
There's definitely a knack to dismantling them, but once you know how, they come apart easily and quickly.
Bonus is that nearly all the screws are identical, so no remembering what screw goes where, and just one screwdriver needed.
my last experience with dyson was the thing had stopped altogether due to worn carbon brushes in the motor. i contacted dyson direct, requesting a set of brushes. " sorry, sir, we can't supply brushes, but we can sell you a motor, £90 +VAT". ended up buying brushes off ebay, £2.50 free delivery.

they'd not worn out. 1 brush was fine. the other one was stuck in it's holder and had arced to the comm. and burnt down.
I've bought about a dozen DC32s in various condition to keep my collection of four working ones alive, so have seen a few failed Dyson motors. The commutators are invariably burnt up and the brushes badly damaged. I've always assumed that the windings had developed shorted turns, and the excess current had done the visible damage, but I wonder now if the initial problem is a stuck brush.
Pattern DC32 motors are about half the price of a genuine one, and probably just as reliable (or unreliable).
I actually have a genuine DC32 motor in stock, but a 120 volt one. I ordered a motor for the hydraulic pump in my cherry picker from the USA last year, but was accidently sent the wrong one, which turned out to be the Dyson motor. It would have cost more in carriage to return it than it was worth, so the supplier told me to just bin it, and then sent me the motor I'd ordered.

Hoover is a specific brand of vacuum cleaner can't be both, your post is very confused. The Henry is made by Numatic.

Okay, Mike.

I'm honestly not interested in having an argument about vacuum cleaners or the widely known facts about misuse of a brand name.

I apologise if my comment wasn't clear enough, but it was intended to be taken in the context of preceding posts.

I'm surprised the discrimination police haven't jumped all over this with pink Hetty's and red Henry's. I sat on a training course the other day for diversity, discrimination and inclusion. Apparently I'm no longer allowed to compliment a person on their appearance.
So next time my missus puts on a new outfit and gets her hair done etc.. and she asks "how do I look" my answer will be - "no comment".
Oh, and I shouldn't have used the term "my missus" as this implies I am implying she is a possession and not equal.

I'm surprised the discrimination police haven't jumped all over this with pink Hetty's and red Henry's. I sat on a training course the other day for diversity, discrimination and inclusion. Apparently I'm no longer allowed to compliment a person on their appearance.
So next time my missus puts on a new outfit and gets her hair done etc.. and she asks "how do I look" my answer will be - "no comment".
Oh, and I shouldn't have used the term "my missus" as this implies I am implying she is a possession and not equal.
stock ansewr .

"does these leggings make my arse look fat?

nope ," it s all the chips and cake do that."

I might have mentioned this before and the post might not stay for long but a young lady was rushed to the local a&e with a vacuum cleaner nozzle firmly wedged in her ##### . However the following morning a hospital spokesman said she was picking up nicely. ?

Can't imagine how it got wedged in her armpit!

Reply to Tips from a pro..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net