Discuss Tips from a pro..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm surprised the discrimination police haven't jumped all over this with pink Hetty's and red Henry's. I sat on a training course the other day for diversity, discrimination and inclusion. Apparently I'm no longer allowed to compliment a person on their appearance.
So next time my missus puts on a new outfit and gets her hair done etc.. and she asks "how do I look" my answer will be - "no comment".
Oh, and I shouldn't have used the term "my missus" as this implies I am implying she is a possession and not equal.

'The wife' or 't'other half' gets frowned upon even more, though.

“‘Er indoors” is bad enough.... suggesting the good lady wife doesn’t leave the house because her job is as housewife and mother and nothing else!!!

I usually go with "the" missus (despite not being married) or "the" other half. "My" implies ownership and would likely result in my backside getting a kick.
Betrothal....'as my wedded husband/wife'.
I think it's a bit sad for it to be taken literally, it's more a turn of phrase. If she don't like it, don't use it....but plenty prefer it, especially when they're still all gooey eyed.
'My' friend or 'the' enemy. Take your choice.?

Betrothal....'as my wedded husband/wife'.
I think it's a bit sad for it to be taken literally, it's more a turn of phrase. If she don't like it, don't use it....but plenty prefer it, especially when they're still all gooey eyed.
'My' friend or 'the' enemy. Take your choice.?

In my defence, I did mention an absense of legal documentation.

Truth be told I made a selection partly on the basis of her legs being too short for her foot to reach my backside.

(Please don't let her see this...)

In my defence, I did mention an absense of legal documentation.

Truth be told I made a selection partly on the basis of her legs being too short for her foot to reach my backside.

(Please don't let her see this...)
I wont.
She don't need her foot to do you damage, you know....
.....there he goes again 'MY' backside....?

mine asked if she could go somewhere new for holiday this year. i said, what about the kitchen

The world has gone mad with all this diversion, inclusion and discrimination b*****ks. Its just another good excuse for the lawyers to get even richer.

Anyhow back to the thread, another simple good tip that serves well - measure twice cut once! I'm overseeing a large project and we have had some architectural drawings done by a professional structural engineer. I was just about to send the drawings into the steel fabricators so they could order the pre cut materials. luckily I checked the drawings and found a measurement discrepancy which would have cost a fair whack and delayed the project. It turned out to be a "software" glitch on cad!

winston.jpg

An update to this vacuum pedantry...

While Hoover is indeed a brand name that should not be used as a generic term, it is possible to Hoover with any brand of vacuum cleaner as many dictionaries (including Oxford) define Hoover (verb) thus: 'To clean something with a vacuum cleaner'.

I lived this day and learned.

Reply to Tips from a pro..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net