Discuss tonights 2395 written in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

shortcourse

Can anyone answer this?

name 2 supply characteristics that can only be be confirmed by enquiry. Note the only

general concensus was that everything can be measured, even lecturer was shaking his head.

If there was no supply actually connected, different question, but it did not say that.

Help required.Typical city and guilds confusion. All the guys were very unhappy.

Name 10 things that need veryfying on a sealed consumer unit before inpection and testing commences. 10 Point Question

Next question. name 5 additional things that need veryfying on earthing and bonding on same circuit. 5 point question

Diagram and description of testing of earth rod resistance on generator supplying back up supply for data protection.

Why does one end of a bonding conductor need to be disconeccted before continuity testing 6 Point question

What more than parallel paths ?

I think most guys are preparing for a resit in February.

Hope this helps anyone preaparing for 2395

6 of us sat this exam and all said same things for the bonding conductor I also said to inure its continuous, earth rod question I was stumped with was tempted to write consult gn3 as in real world. Such a stupid paper the questions should be based on everyday scenareos not just some thing you might come across very occasionally.

A while ago now,but i think two characteristics ascertained by enquiry only are "nature of load current and frequency" and "nominal voltage". Something about measurement only tells you what it is at one point-in-time and not what it should be.May be wrong...was about me uncle Jimmy...now then

That question does seem a little bit strange, did it definitley say the world 'only' ?

I'd of probs put ze and max demand myself and hoped that the word only was a typo

The question clearly stated only (in bold on the paper) as in - Name 2 supply characteristics that can only be be confirmed by enquiry.

The answer is Nominal Voltage and Nominal Frequency. This can be found in the 'Nature of Supply Parameters' part on the Electrical Installation Report. The small note (1) states by enquiry whilst (2) states by enquiry or measurement for Ipf and Ze.

Disagree with that nominal frequency and voltage..... How do u determine the fuse type and rating when it's suppose to be sealed? This to me seems the only 2 answers that make sense. I also sat the same paper and I thought it was a joke.

The 5 inspection earthing relating question was
Prescence of cpc
Prescience of bonding main earth, supplementry etc,

It does say what dave stated so that must be the answer but abit stupid cos hardly anyone would notice or pay attention to that note on the condition cert

Reply to tonights 2395 written in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net