Discuss Touch Lamp LED BulBs in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have touch lamps that came with 3w G9 Non Dimmable LED bulbs that obviously work, but are too bright i have been searching for 1.5 W LED bulbs equivalent to 15w incandescent, but only found one that works and that glows very slightly when off. all other will not work.
Can anyone tell me why these non dimmable ones work but others wont and what to search for correct ones. attached are they ones supplied with the lamps.

Attachments

• IMG_4904[1]dar.JPG
    379.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4906[1].JPG
    393 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4907[1] dar.JPG
    434.7 KB · Views: 5
Dimming LED bulbs is hard as it takes so little current for them to glow, or worse, to periodically flash once the electronics has charged up enough. Also they don't have such a big brightness versus voltage characteristic that filament bulbs do, so the dimmer often seems to offer little usable control.

Some companies make dimmers that are better than others for LED lamps, but in your case that is no help. And I would not advise trying to modify it the way some electricians might deal with fixed lights having glow/flash issues.

I have touch lamps that came with 3w G9 Non Dimmable LED bulbs that obviously work, but are too bright i have been searching for 1.5 W LED bulbs equivalent to 15w incandescent, but only found one that works and that glows very slightly when off. all other will not work.
Can anyone tell me why these non dimmable ones work but others wont and what to search for correct ones. attached are they ones supplied with the lamps.
Presumably your touch light is just supposed to turn the bulb on and off, not dim it?

Some of the DAR made table lamps, which are just touch on/off and come with the bulb you show, are designed to take not only LED bulbs, but also filament/halogen bulbs up to 40W. Is such information on your lamp, or in its instructions by any chance?

I am thinking that the touch switch electronics may not be designed to operate such a low power bulb as you are now trying to use. I was going to suggest an LED bulb of 2.5w or 3w with a lower lumen output (ie a less efficient bulb) but I don't see any available lower than about 200 lumens.

Here is a possible, but not elegant, solution: If you can confirm your touch lamp base will operate filament bulbs up to 25W or 40W, then you could use a G9 to SES adapter, and then a 15W filament bulb, or choose a suitable alternative.

G9 To Small Edison Screw SES E14 Bulb Adaptor Lamp Socket Converter Holder - Ledlam Lighting - https://ledlam.lighting/accessories/adaptor-converters/g9-to-small-edison-screw-ses-e14-bulb-adaptor-lamp-socket-converter-holder/

Osram Oven Bulb | 15w E14 300Degree - https://www.lamps-on-line.com/osram-special-oven-lamp-240v-15w-e14-300-deg.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI14Hix-GP7gIVRJnVCh0reAbEEAQYBCABEgLlu_D_BwE

But only do this if you can confirm the touch switch is happy to operate a higher wattage (filament) bulb.

Presumably your touch light is just supposed to turn the bulb on and off, not dim it?

Some of the DAR made table lamps, which are just touch on/off and come with the bulb you show, are designed to take not only LED bulbs, but also filament/halogen bulbs up to 40W. Is such information on your lamp, or in its instructions by any chance?

I am thinking that the touch switch electronics may not be designed to operate such a low power bulb as you are now trying to use. I was going to suggest an LED bulb of 2.5w or 3w with a lower lumen output (ie a less efficient bulb) but I don't see any available lower than about 200 lumens.

Here is a possible, but not elegant, solution: If you can confirm your touch lamp base will operate filament bulbs up to 25W or 40W, then you could use a G9 to SES adapter, and then a 15W filament bulb, or choose a suitable alternative.

G9 To Small Edison Screw SES E14 Bulb Adaptor Lamp Socket Converter Holder - Ledlam Lighting - https://ledlam.lighting/accessories/adaptor-converters/g9-to-small-edison-screw-ses-e14-bulb-adaptor-lamp-socket-converter-holder/

Osram Oven Bulb | 15w E14 300Degree - https://www.lamps-on-line.com/osram-special-oven-lamp-240v-15w-e14-300-deg.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI14Hix-GP7gIVRJnVCh0reAbEEAQYBCABEgLlu_D_BwE

But only do this if you can confirm the touch switch is happy to operate a higher wattage (filament) bulb.
Thanks for the reply definitely not dim just on/off will look at info but don't really want to go back to filament/ halogen if i can help it. i will keep an eye out for 2.00 2.5 w with lower lumens thogh.

Reply to Touch Lamp LED BulBs in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net