Discuss Trying to replace capacitor - which one do I choose? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
We are trying to replace two "blown" capacitors on a seven-year-old computer video card.

The capacitors appear identical and state, amongst other things, 6.3V/1500uF.

When we use that information the RS Components website, there are 24 results.

Can you help us find the correct one?

P.S. I would post a link to the results page of the RS Components website, but this forum does not allow links to be posted until I have 6+ posts on here. I also have an image of one of the capacitors, but again, the forum won't let me link to it.

hi king mustard don,t be put off
as long as you replace like for like you should be fine
if they are electroletic make sure you replace them the correct way around or they will pop
post a few more time and u will be able to post a pic

Which is why I'm here - I thought you guys were the best ones to help me with this problem :(

If you have a problem with your house wiring, or your Electric Arc Furnace in your steelworks won't fire up, or your overhead crane in your shipyard won't lift, or the lights in your supermarket aren't working then we - Electricians - are the people you need.

However, if your problem relates to electronics i.e. computers then you may be better off asking an Electronics Engineer.

Reply to Trying to replace capacitor - which one do I choose? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Doing a favour for the bosses dad this morning. He has a Bosch cooker good that's tripping his RCD. For some unknown reason his kitchen fitters...
Replies
Views
Hello Forum! Yes I have an ice cream cart bike that is battery powered and yes I regret purchasing it! I have attached a generic picture of it...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a problem I’d like some advice on, please. If you just want to know the question please go directly to section B of the following. If...
Replies
Views
B
Hi everyone I have the strangest problem that no matter who I ask in the trade they seem to scratch their head and tell me to buy a surge...
Replies
Views
beachlover
B
Hi guys, Im new here and desperate for some help, I have posted this on multiple mini forums and the car has also been to multiple garages and an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock