Discuss Underfloor Heating Install Cost Advice in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NewbieRuffy

Hi guys/gals.. I have been asked to quote for installing an electric underfloor heating system in a bathroom and kitchen (old house the bathroom is next to kitchen) its around 16m square. I happy with the installation but wondering how much to charge as i haven't installed one before? any advice?

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
don't forget the cost of the insulation panels that go under the heating element. they are quite expensive.

Mark_Burgess

Regular EF Member
A bit of a rough post you have put, are you doing the whole job?, what is going on top of the heat system?
What heat system are you using, mat or loose cable?
Will the rooms be prepared for you?

I could list another 4 or 5 questions, but I hope you will get the gist of the info normally required that would be helpful to us to help you.

Strima

Electrician's Arms
Will the floor be tiled or boarded etc? Will the heating have it's own circuit? What is the current floor, boards, sheets etc? Will the heating be split into 2 zones?

OP
K

Knobhead

£450-11s-4d old house, old money. It’s your job, you know what’s involved and the value of your time, we don’t.

OP
J

Jonny66

If you have the skills and knowledge to install safely and correctly charge alot of money

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
and don't forget to IR and continuity test before and after it's covered over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 63 67.0%
  • Black

Votes: 31 33.0%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.