Discuss Underground cable and consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

domapegitashi

I have a burning q's that my friend wants to know as he is just showing interest in electrical stuff.

16mm2 2 core SWA is running between 10-15 m and is connected at one of the phase of the 3 phase supply (which has metal 3 phase distribution board) to other end at the plastic 1 phase distribution board. On this cable laying, does the separate CPC (16mm2) is require or not to run along with SWA? It required then how do you do this? any mechanical protection require for CPC?

I think it is easy to connect at the 3 phase metal distribution board using SWA and gland but any idea how to terminate the other end at plastic 1 phase distribution board as the cable is capable to damage the plastic board easily?

:confused5::confused5::confused5::confused5::confused5::confused5::confused5::confused5::confused5::confused5:

Are you sure your friend is really the one who wants to know ?

Exactly my first thought - you bloomin beat me to posting, you biatch!

Seeing more and more of 'my friend wants this' or 'my best mates, aunties -----mate's daughter in law's younger pregnant sister wants this'

...when in reality the OP is asking for himself.

If "your friend" has an interest in all things electrical he should be enrolling at college and trying to get an apprenticeship so "he" can learn how to do the job properly and safely. "He" should not be considering messing around inside things which "he" knows nothing about mate

I have a burning q's that my friend wants to know as he is just showing interest in electrical stuff.
Tell him to enquire about becoming an electricians mate then? or enrolling on an electrical course?

yep as his internet is down at the moment and request me to search for him.
Coincidental! If he's so keen how about the library?

Been a long day, and by that response i've just given i think it's about time for my pit. Arsey! lol

If you mate is a spark I think he is winding you up... He would terminate the SWA cable in the plastic DB as he would terminate it when changing a consumer unit and there was a swa cable present.....

If you asking how to terminate a cable into a DB then you certainly should not be messing with three phase.. Out of curiosity which phase are you using and what calculations have you done in order to know that this is the correct phase to use..

or maybe the OP and/or his mate just have a thirst for knowledge, beginning to learn. could even be a homework question. ????

Is there a need for a seperate 16mm earth anyway? Adiabatic equation would tell you the SWA armour would provide more than a sufficient earth to the installation anyway.

Or am i missing the question entirely

Reply to Underground cable and consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net