Discuss UPDATE- to job offer (thanks to all that chipped in!) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

****QUESTION TO ALL AND ABOVE******

THEY ARE PROVIDING PPE (AS LAW DICTATES)...WILL PPE INCLUDE A LOCK OFF KIT ?......

SPARK2B

I doubt it. There should be some available but I doubt they will provide individual sets for each man.
Your PPE will be gloves, ear defenders and plugs, goggles, hard hat and Hi-vis where needed, and steel toe boots if you cross your fingers and ask nicely.

Last edited:
for any and all who posted response to

http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...um/101690-job-offer-opinions-info-please.html

yesterday in the post arrived the info, job pack and contracts,....setback, they accidently sent me one for fully qualified electrician, so i rings them up, i told the nice lady that although i would love as a trainee to earn the wage of a fully qualified electrician,.... my contract should state £6 an hour, apprentice etc etc...

she assures me she will get back to me,......20 mins later.....phonecall

yes there is a mistake with the grade and pay

ok i thought, at least they will sort it now

she gos on to tell me that i will be employed as an improver, on the rate of JUST UNDER £10 an hour.....

and it had all been signed off by the manager, and she had just phoned him to confirm,......happy days for me indeed!!

and they are paying for my level 3 at college, so another grand saved.....

four day work week, and the college day off, so a 3 day work week, paid day at college....

all this happend because i cheekily emailed the electrical manager at the council and asked if they were looking to take on any trainees,...he informed me that they were not, but asked me to email in my details anyway, and now we are here,....

i honestly feel like the luckiest guy in the world !

great supporting wife, nice home, a puppy, a new pencil sharpener for college,....its all rock and roll !!

cant wait to get them new tools dirty!!

again, as always, HUGE THANKS to all those over the last 2 years that i have asked questions, and who have answered AND HELPED ME ALONG ON THIS JOURNEY!!.....my appreciation cannot be put over properly in typed words!!

SPARK2B
congrats, you will earn more than me in half a day, im leaving this company soon unless things change when i get my results through

andy78 & Dillb that was my thinking, all good, i doubt they will allow me to carry out safe isolation too, but would expect me to know it at least, great ,...all good,....just figuring out what else i need to get before i start that they wont provide,...all good!!

AS ALWAYS...THANKYOUUU!
SPARK2B

You are working for a local council. The work won't be too streneous. You might get an individual lock off kit. We all got them in our job with our name and job title on them so we can be traced.

You should probably ask the admin/mods to be allowed access to the apprentice section, they help each other out in there.

As far as the maths i wouldn't worry about it. You will have a day a week to learn and if you do the bare minimum of homework you should pass alright. The fact that you are motivated enough to come onto a forum to get a better understanding, should indicate you are motivated enough to put the work in come term time.

I did, about 2 mins after picking the name SPARK2B think to myself, well, when i qualify, that name will be off!.....but at least itll always remind me where i started and came from.

its all coming togeather, @ last!

SPARK2B

Things get better and better. Good luck and enjoy.

'....off!' is not an advisable alternative for a forum name, though.....I can see a ban on the horizon.

Things get better and better. Good luck and enjoy.

'....off!' is not an advisable alternative for a forum name, though.....I can see a ban on the horizon.
maybe iv taken too many tramadol today (backs playing me for a mug today) but i think im confused,...i meant the name spark2b would be off when i qualify, because i will be a spark.....

unless im missing summin (-:

......also,what is the role of an improver ?......just another word fo trainee ??

SPARK2B

maybe iv taken too many tramadol today (backs playing me for a mug today) but i think im confused,...i meant the name spark2b would be off when i qualify, because i will be a spark.....

......also,what is the role of an improver ?......just another word fo trainee ??

SPARK2B
An older partly qualified spark. He isn't fully a spark he still has to improve

SPARK2B

Well done, all of us are very happy for.

If you want to change your username just send a PM to any one of the Staff with your new chosen name. Have a think about it first this time lol :wink:

Good news mate. Hope it goes well for you.

I recently landed a new job after a year off with an injury and looking for a new employer.

Feels great to back on the tools and learning again.

Best of luck to you. :)

Last edited:
So,....i can refer to myself now as a trainee, or electrical improver ??

18 months ago i was driving a forklift, and thinking about ramming it through the wall and escaping...

Now,....its all looking sooo,....much,.....better!!

Spark2b

Reply to UPDATE- to job offer (thanks to all that chipped in!) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net