Discuss Wall chaser cutting width in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

With some chasers you can replace the spacers with additional blades to cut a clean chase and avoid running the sds chisel down it. Useful trick rather than just 2 blades
What chasers are they? I've not seen one that does that. I'd expect if you take spacers out and replace them with blades all you would end up with is a lot of fine line cuts that still needs chopped out, and a chaser machine with a much shorter life expectancy as it's getting over worked.

I've a Metabo MFE40 and it has a blade that can cut out the chase, but from what Metabo have said unless it's very soft material then the blade won't last long...at over £100 a blade I'd be looking more than a handful of chases out of it. The blades are a little offset so they cut into the chase rather than like 3 blades together. But looks like it only really suits thermalite or the likes.

I have done it with the titan chaser from screw fix. Added 2 blades in to it so 4 in all. Cut into thick plaster/render and soft bath stone behind no problem. Can't Recall what width I had it due to tinkering but was oval conduit going in for some light switch drops. and fit nice and snug afterwards

I have done it with the titan chaser from screw fix. Added 2 blades in to it so 4 in all. Cut into thick plaster/render and soft bath stone behind no problem. Can't Recall what width I had it due to tinkering but was oval conduit going in for some light switch drops. and fit nice and snug afterwards
That's not what the tool is designed for, although on soft stone or thermalite etc not likely to be a problem. If you do it a few times on breeze block, red brick or the harder materials the grinder won't last long. Calling it a useful trick is bit like saying use a battery drill to bang in a nail, or use an SDS drill to core out for a fan. It'll all work, but not for very long.

That's not what the tool is designed for, although on soft stone or thermalite etc not likely to be a problem. If you do it a few times on breeze block, red brick or the harder materials the grinder won't last long. Calling it a useful trick is bit like saying use a battery drill to bang in a nail, or use an SDS drill to core out for a fan. It'll all work, but not for very long.
Been drilling fan cores with my sds drill for years.....?

Must make more dust for the hoover to suck up as well
[automerge]1580384523[/automerge]
I've got a erbaeur one from screwfix, it's never let me down apart from if you have blunted one of the blades unknowingly it will jam as one blade wants to spin and the other doesn't but that's me not realising rather than the tool. Have also used my mates makita one which is better than mine but also quite a bit more money so depends how much you want to spend.

For me blades set for 25mm oval conduit to bang into the groove, works nicely.

Milwaukee M18 SDS does 117mm cores, gets warm but still going strong.
I do at least one a week with my dewalt 240v and I use it for chases/boxes with a scrutch attachment still going strong....I’m on me second drill in 10 years and that’s only because some donut managed to weld an attachment into my last one!.....to be fair though the drill is still going just can’t take the sds bit out ?

I do at least one a week with my dewalt 240v and I use it for chases/boxes with a scrutch attachment still going strong....I’m on me second drill in 10 years and that’s only because some donut managed to weld an attachment into my last one!.....to be fair though the drill is still going just can’t take the sds bit out ?
replace the sds chuck.

Reply to Wall chaser cutting width in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net