Discuss What LED failure rate is acceptable? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Like several other posts, I have installed quite a few LEDlite from TLC, some batches have been fine while two batches in particular the failure rates have been over 50% - in one case 6 out of 8 failed. I wouldn't use them ever again.

Nowadays for integrated fittings I install Aurora Enlite E8. So far have only had one fail - faulty new out of the box, which was due to an earthed PCB pin puncturing the N cable when it was assembled.

If the integrated lights are halers then TLC have had massive amounts of returns on them. In some cases 100%. The LED lamps they sell are made by ledlite and some batches have been pretty poor, whilst overs are very good. Pot luck really

These are all the LEDLite range, and the first 10 lamps I installed 3.5 years ago are all still working. New ones are not reliable at all. I am switching to Phillips lamps from Screwfix where I can, but the LEDLite all in one downlight is a class 2 light and the only one I could find, so today I advised a client with no earthing to 12V lights that to replace them would be worth using the class 2 light from TLC but they need to be aware that even with the 5 year guarantee there is likely to be a 10%+ failure rate that they must be aware of.

Nowadays for integrated fittings I install Aurora Enlite E8. So far have only had one fail - faulty new out of the box, which was due to an earthed PCB pin puncturing the N cable when it was assembled.
Yes, easy to fit and good light level. So far 100% good (sorry, sure to have jinxed the whole product line now :( )

I have had fitted Luceco LED down lights in the offices at work (48 in total). They are on about 10hr day for the last four months with no failures. They come with a 7yr guarantee if registered, and from Screwfix who have never argued with any returns. Of course I don't have to make any money from the job but £20 a go for something that so far looks like you can fit and forget seams reasonable.

Luceco is part of British General, and as far as reliability for lights in general goes I have been advised a while ago that I should stick to Phillips, British General and Osram.

I have used Luseco LED before. I had purchased two LEDLite LED florescent replacements from TLC and one tube buzzed badly when installed, so I got a replacement from TLC, and both worked. Two days later and a call from the client to say one of the lamps has gone out, so only one tube working out of three. I swapped them both for Luseco from Screwfix and no problem for over six months now.

Reply to What LED failure rate is acceptable? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net