Discuss What to do with a temporary excess of 10mm twin and earth in the loft in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
The ongoing kitchen refit.....

I have chased and fitted 10mm T&E from the cooker outlet to the isolator switch and up into the loft. I have 4 metres of T&E in the loft temporary connected to the original 6mm cooker circuit via a 40amp junction box screwed into the rafter, the 6mm then goes into the CU. This will be the situation until the electrician changes out my CU and connects the 10mm to replace the 6mm.

It will be around 3 months before he can fit the CU, so rather than just leaving the excess lose what is the best and safest way to spread the excess out?

Note: the MCB in the CU is still 32amp, and the circuit is still treated as a 6mm 32A cooker circuit until it is fully connected and tested by the electrician. As I'm getting fed up with fish and chips, I need my cooker back until the sparks has been :(

Wow I'm confused here. Have you just got a length of live cable to terminate? If so then wago box. If not then I may have have had a couple of early whiskeys ready for the weekend and I apologise.

Reply to What to do with a temporary excess of 10mm twin and earth in the loft in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently had a bathroom replaced which had an electric shower, this was changed out for a mixer shower off the combi boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hi.... First time I've posted here. I own a property which is rented out. Recently the Gas Oven failed a gas safety test and the Gas Engineers...
Replies
Views
Second post on an EICR I did today (always a good sign!) 70s flat with earthed conduit and singles. 6mm runs from the CU to presumably where an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock