Discuss Whats the best PV training course on offer? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

s18mcn

Hello everyone Im looking to become a PV Installer and was wondering which is the best training course on offer at the moment? Also with regards to the MCS accreditation is there a training course to go on ? Again which is the most worthwhile?

Cheers foneextra a friend of mine went through them im still not sure what is asked for on the mcs side?n is there a training course for it?

Im booked with PPL Training in Wigan (company based in Yorkshire) next month for the installation, mainly due to their proximity and ability to take paymnet via the MOD's learning credits. WIll report back on the quality of training when complete.

We used PPL's sister company and were apalled at the standard of training and communication. PPL might be different but I'd be careful - we went on the NICEIC pv course through them and none of the course was practical, no working at heights although everyone seemed to have passed! Same again for manual handling - I've heard that Ecoskies are quite good

I did the ecoskies course in SE London April 2010 and it was very good, though I don't think anyone failed, I even passed the panel erection part which amazed me, a fitter i'aint.

What was good that the guy who did the course, ashamed to say I can't remember his name, but was a South African lad, gave everyone his card and told them that if they had any problems or wanting help to call him, and for a small fee he would help you get acredtied as a kind of advisor, so thought that was a good selling point.

We used PPL's sister company and were apalled at the standard of training and communication. PPL might be different but I'd be careful - we went on the NICEIC pv course through them and none of the course was practical, no working at heights although everyone seemed to have passed! Same again for manual handling - I've heard that Ecoskies are quite good

The Working at Heights and Manual handling are an additional 1 day bolt on course, or you can opt for the free evening assessment. As I was a Safety Advisor in my previous line of work and taught both subjects, assessment only will see me through. Its just the quality of PV training I will now make judgement on....and I will be taking notes.

Reply to Whats the best PV training course on offer? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net