Discuss Where are you doing your Electrical Course and how is it going?! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Where are you doing your Electrical Course and how is it going?!
When will you be done?

I'm doing at Steve willis traing centre in portchester I've just done my first 6 days there and I will finish on the 5th July. However they send you away with a portfolio where you have to go and work on and gain photo or physical evidence of the jobs I do and return to take the last 2 exams. The portfolio needs to be completed within 24 months.

I'm doing home study through New Career Skills supplemented with 4 week practical sessions at their Southampton training centre. All the textbooks and decent toolkit are provided in the fee. My pack arrived at the end of December '12, I did Week 1 practical in February, Week 2 in March, Week 3 in April & I've booked week 4 in July a bit later than I would have liked due to a bay girl being born. I passed my 2382 & 2377 C&G's and EAL building regs during Week 3 and am now building a demonstration board at home complete with consumer unit, mcb's, rcd, socket outlets & 2 way wiring circuit to familiarise myself with the elements of domestic electrics. 6 months from start to finish as I was made redundant so decided to commit my time to the home study. All good so far, looking forward to 'getting my hands dirty'

I'm also with New Career Skills.Signed up for the home study course in February,all course literature and text books (Regs,OSG etc) arrived within a week.
Completed my first weeks practical in April at the Doncaster Training Centre which was well equipped and the staff were excellent.
Waiting for my week 2 practical which is June 17th-21st,I would have liked to have done my week 2 earlier but the training centre was fully booked up until this date!
I'm hoping to complete the course by September but will have to see how the bookings go for the practicals.
What has helped me is I have found work with a qualified spark and I've learnt much more off him than I ever could in a training centre.
C&G 2382 (Level 3),2377 and EAL Level 2 qualifications at the end of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im also with ncs, started last year, trying to work around my current job which is proving very difficult, got my week 2 practical booked in for july and hope to have the course completed by the end of this year which will take me to nearly 2 years on the course, alot longer than i hoped but looking foward to it.

I'm also with New Career Skills.Signed up for the home study course in February,all course literature and text books (Regs,OSG etc) arrived within a week.
Completed my first weeks practical in April at the Doncaster Training Centre which was well equipped and the staff were excellent.
Waiting for my week 2 practical which is June 17th-21st,I would have liked to have done my week 2 earlier but the training centre was fully booked up until this date!
I'm hoping to complete the course by September but will have to see how the bookings go for the practicals.
What has helped me is I have found work with a qualified spark and I've learnt much more off him than I ever could in a training centre.
C&G 2382 (Level 3),2377 and EAL Level 2 qualifications at the end of course.

You sure he's qualified Cotty?

Reply to Where are you doing your Electrical Course and how is it going?! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net