Discuss Which DP 100amp isolator is good in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What do you mean by 'better'?

The isolator pictured is compact, has double screw terminals, isolates both poles and has a long history of reliability.

Do you need something with greater protection against dust or moisture ingress, more protection against corrosion or resistance to impact?

What do you mean by 'better'?

The isolator pictured is compact, has double screw terminals, isolates both poles and has a long history of reliability.

Do you need something with greater protection against dust or moisture ingress, more protection against corrosion or resistance to impact?
Guess , "in the same price range , just maybe a better made unit etc " ?
Its not critical etc

"in the same price range , just maybe a better made unit etc " ?
The "same price range" is going to be the problem.

The example metal clad boards also need the CPC to be present, and obviously if TT then you need an RCD up-front of that. Also some of those might not be happy with 16mm CPCs, though not actually tried it (might get that Wylex DIN box out of curiosity though, probably will find a use for it eventually).

The other insulated ones like Proteus probably no better (recent recall suggests so).

The likes of Schneider Square-D fused-switches and the switch-only versions are better, but of the order of ten times the price!

Reply to Which DP 100amp isolator is good in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I was wondering if the wylex/Proteus SPD Isolators where dual isolator, they have 4 terminals at the bottom, can you use them to take 2 sets...
Replies
Views
I am going to need to install a small amount of galvanised steel conduit, leading down to perhaps 4 sockets and a light switch. This is in a...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I have been following this forum over a number of years reading endless discussions and picking up things along the way. I am a JIB gold...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am planing on building a (not sure what to call it) U shaped storage solution which goes either side and above the headboard of a bed. I...
Replies
Views
Do switches like this work with led lights? They are just mechanical right...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock