Discuss Why is it happening?? UPS keeps turning on and off. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Zozew007

DIY
Reaction score
Hey there,

I have this Chinese ups/powerbank sold under many diffrent brands and it has been working OK apart form a burnt out mosfet I had to change. After tget it was OK again for a while.

Now when I turn on the AC inverter I get 220v out and it can drive a 10w fan ok.. But when I connect my 60w fan it starts to pulse.. 1 sec on... Then 3 seconds off. I'm not sure where to start fault finding.

The ups gets its pure sine wave from this egs002 module (image attached) and the light on the module keeps blinking in sync with the power going on and off.

I've tested the caps and they all seem to be ok, no shorts on the mosfets/transistors. When connected to mains the device switches and outputs AC fine. And then if I wait.. Or tap it or do a magical dance the battery powered AC will start to work (sometimes)

Any kind of insight would be appreciated

Attachments

• images (21).jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 5
  • images (22).jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 5

Reply to Why is it happening?? UPS keeps turning on and off. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, So I'm trying to understand what's going on with my off-peak electricity supply, as something's wrong with it and I'm trying to determine if...
Replies
Views
Hi, We’re having problems with our Bosch serie 6 washer/dryer. It’s about 6 years old. The model number is WVG30461GB/03. It has begun to stop...
Replies
Views
My ceiling fan does not have light. couple of weeks the light started blinking then it went off. I did my search and everyone says that I need to...
Replies
Views
DIY query Have narrowed down the source of an occasional trip to one light circuit which is a varilight v-pro master dimmer slave set up. This...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a central heating system, with a Y plan layout. The neon indicator on the thermostat seems to be sometimes dimly lit / flickering...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock