Discuss Wiring diagram key fob reader in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

KNIPEX

guys im trying to find a wiring diagram for a key rob reader which controls a maglock.

im after number of cores of cable, connections etc.

this is what ive allowed.

1 no fuse spur

1 no fire alarm interface.

this is what it going to have, keyfob reader on the outside, inside will have a push to exit button but also linked somehow to a green breakglass. and also a maglock on the door.

can you tell me the best way to wire please how the bg is wired and cables upto the maglock.

thanks in advance :)

hi steve, i dont know as of yet ive just been asked to wire it up before all the kit arrives, its a large office block and a lot of these door have them on, put i need to get cables in asap before they board the walls.

anyone else got any ideas aswell please ? :)

As these locks require a 12/24v supply I would pick a place where the PSU will be located and run at least eight core alarm cable and possibly two to the reader and eight core to push to exit button and fire alarm interface also run a cable to the green breakglass and onto the maglock. The breakglass is wired to break the supply to maglock if all else fails and should not be connected to any control boards. All interconnections can be made in the PSU

With everything wired back to one place it gives more options on the equipment that can be used and makes upgrades easier

Any questions let me know

if it has video capabilites some require coax
lasst one we did we through the instructions away as they were wrong. just rang customer helpline, they put us through to one of their fitters who talked us through it. turned out we only needed 2 cores.

The best method a s suggested is to run a cable from each item back to the PSU, i.e, lock, release, emergency release, card reader etc.

The lock will only need 2 cores, the card reader may need 4 or 5 as some have led's on them, the release only needs 2 as does the emergency release.

They could all also be looped together using say an 8 core as all it is is a series of switches controlling the one lock, but it can be difficult to terminate more than one cable at some of the accessories.

The lock will only need 2 cores, the release only needs 2 as does the emergency release.

Depending on the location of the PSU and length of cable you may need to double up the cores to reduce volt drop, I always install more than needed, the maglock may also signal that the door has locked if there is an open door alarm

Would agree on the coax mentioned earlier but it is possible to run video down alarm cable

Only other issue is if the reader needs Cat5 UTP or STP

Reply to Wiring diagram key fob reader in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net