Discuss Wiring up a new cooker hood motor in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi I am looking for some help.

My Rangemaster cooker hood stopped working sometime ago, I’ve stripped the hood down and degreased the hood. Ive diagnosed the problem to be a faulty motor. I’ve bought a replacement motor, like for like, although the new motor has the same coloured wires but is now wired slightly differently.

I have used connector blocks to connect the new motor to the molex connector using the same coloured wires. But this results in only 2 speeds working (should be 3)

Can an anyone help me to determine how the the new motor cables correlate to where the old motor was wired so I can have the full functionality.

I’ve included pictures and the new motor plan, please can anyone help?

Thanks

TL;DR
Cookerhood motor wiring help

Attachments

• 8B0C502C-2167-4C0F-BE50-94B8E38327CA.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
  • 17E3B3B6-63A9-4092-88FA-4DF4CEC1056A.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
I am replacing a cooker hood 3 speed motor. I have disconnected the old motor but failed to note the wiring sequence.
The unit is a Hygena APM2312.
The new motor has 4 wires (Red / Black / White / Brown).
The wiring from the extractor unit has 5 wires (Red / Black / White / Blue / & Earth).
How should I connect them?

Attachments

• Wiring.png
    377.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Old wiring.png
    285 KB · Views: 6
If you have a multimeter and know how to use it, it shouldn't be a problem to work out which wire goes where. If you don't/can't, then call a professional.

Reply to Wiring up a new cooker hood motor in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net