• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from, or providing advice to, people who are not competent, and / or trained and qualified, in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
  • Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net. We hope you find the information you are looking for. But if you don't manage to, please feel free to Register and ask a question yourself. You can delete your account at any time should you quickly find the answers to what you need.

Discuss Working as an electrician apprentice in other countries in the Electrical Talk - All Other Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi I'm new to this forum.I am currently an electrician apprentice in Hong Kong. I yearn to work overseas. However, licenses may be required in certain countries. As far as I know, Australia trade assistant has to be granted provisional license in advance. If I want to start electrician apprenticeship overseas, are there any countries suggested? Is attending trade school the only option? Thank you!

Pete999

-
Arms Access
Hi I'm new to this forum.I am currently an electrician apprentice in Hong Kong. I yearn to work overseas. However, licenses may be required in certain countries. As far as I know, Australia trade assistant has to be granted provisional license in advance. If I want to start electrician apprenticeship overseas, are there any countries suggested? Is attending trade school the only option? Thank you!
Hi and welcome, I think your best approach would be to contact the Commercial department in the Embassy / Consulate of whichever country you have decided to seek work in for advice, on what will be required and the opportunities therein, having worked for the FCO in this country, albeit in the Technical area, I know that is the best route for you to take, good luck.;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi and welcome, I think your best approach would be to contact the Commercial department in the Embassy / Consulate of whichever country you have decided to seek work in for advice, on what will be required and the opportunities therein, having worked for the FCO in this country, albeit in the Technical area, I know that is the best route for you to take, good luck.;)
Thanks for your reply. I hope I can find a job in NZ. I am going to seek for any advice about working there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have to ask are you leaving Hong Kong did to the protesting I see on the news?
I haven't participated in any protests. I want to leave because I do hate the living in Hong Kong. I know that electrician is in shortage in some countries. I hope I can immigrate to those countries.

Are there enough independent certification companies?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trending Threads

Top Bottom