Discuss 2330 city and guilds papers in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Shakey, why do these schemes charge their customers more money again to cover PIRs? I was under the impression that Periodic Inspection Reports are non notifiable so why cant a PIR be completed on something like a green certificate like the ones anyone can buy off the NICEIC website?

Unless an Insurance company, estate agent, local authority specify an NICEIC or ECA headed PIR surely there is nothing preventing a PIR to be filled out and signed on a green?

What are your opinions on this?

Shakey, why do these schemes charge their customers more money again to cover PIRs? I was under the impression that Periodic Inspection Reports are non notifiable so why cant a PIR be completed on something like a green certificate like the ones anyone can buy off the NICEIC website?

Unless an Insurance company, estate agent, local authority specify an NICEIC or ECA headed PIR surely there is nothing preventing a PIR to be filled out and signed on a green?

What are your opinions on this?

you are right OIR's are non-notifiable and do not come under Part P

and yes, fill them out on a green, I have even done them on generic forms straight from the regs book as well

I laugh at people who say 'the NIC wont let me do PIR's', well just take your NIC 'hat' off and do them anyway on a generic form!

Well, my lad has just passed his 301 literally 10 mins ago, and with a distinction !!!!! Well chuffed.
That's 2 under his belt as he passed his 17th last week.
He said the exam was pretty easy and nowhere near as hard as the stuff we've been swotting up on. I put that down to hitting the books hard and taking advantage of the various sites and help around, especially 'DYCHE' and 'Experience'. Cheers lads.

PS ...... he got his 301 results the second he's finished the exam. Why others have to wait is a mystery ???

Gonna have a few tinnies now to celebrate. :)

Well, my lad has just passed his 301 literally 10 mins ago, and with a distinction !!!!! Well chuffed.
That's 2 under his belt as he passed his 17th last week.
He said the exam was pretty easy and nowhere near as hard as the stuff we've been swotting up on. I put that down to hitting the books hard and taking advantage of the various sites and help around, especially 'DYCHE' and 'Experience'. Cheers lads.

PS ...... he got his 301 results the second he's finished the exam. Why others have to wait is a mystery ???

Gonna have a few tinnies now to celebrate. :)

Congratulations......Glad I could be of assistance.....Done my 17th update as well on tues,that went pretty well too......think I'll have a few tinnies in the holidays too...then booked on 2392-10 in october....gonna apply for an assesment with Elecsa this weekend then hopefully skies the limit.

Keep reading about the shortage of electricians and that electricians are the new plumbers...we'll see!!!

Anyway I digress...Congrats again to your son and I hope he goes on to earn BIG!!!!!!

Cheers very much Dyche ............... it sounds like you're on the way to the top as well !!! :)

I too hope he earns BIG .......... he's costing me a small fortune living here. When the time comes where he'll be wiping my arse, lets hope it's in a Villa in the Med somewhere !!!!!!

Cheers again.

Could someone please forward 2330 level 3 301 papers so it can help my son.

He is struggling with 301_02 ELECTRICAL PRINCIPLES, THEORY & OPERATION

5 resits on this one exam, ranging from 38% to 24% today.

Got resit next monday.

Everything else passed ! Even the Health and Safety part of 301_01 he gets 80-90%

I'm unable to help and so is the sparks he works with ! He remembers he did something along the same lines but that was 20 odd years ago and don't apply to what he is doing now !

Even his mates at Lewisham College only just passed by sheer luck and 1 of em is bright spark (excuse the pun).

e-mail to [email protected]

Thank you very much

Tony

ps this is getting urgent now, can only do another 3 resits at most I feel !

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Level 3 Paper 301 (computer multiple choice exam) coming up next week and and the final assesment for Level 3 in the middle of september. Could anyone please email me some test papers with answers please.

My email adress is : [email protected]

I shouldnt have a problem with the practical side, its just the papers which are buggy!
icon10.gif

Cheers.

Well i'll tell you what, forget it, don't bother helping, I was going to help a few peolpe with level 2 questions but due to your attitude you may have just gone and blown it. THANKS for nothing.
I wouldn't say I was a T**t, that little dig was uncalled for, I'm female and don't really need to hear or read that type of rudeness.
Once again BANE Thanks for nothing...

Well i'll tell you what, forget it, don't bother helping, I was going to help a few peolpe with level 2 questions but due to your attitude you may have just gone and blown it. THANKS for nothing.
I wouldn't say I was a T**t, that little dig was uncalled for, I'm female and don't really need to hear or read that type of rudeness.
Once again BANE Thanks for nothing...

No need to thank me, really.

My comments were generalised and not aimed at anyone in particular.

If you take offence, fine. If not, even better.

Shakey? At least I didn't give out your work e-mail: lazytwa*[email protected] :) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok now i get you well Bane hello my name is Paul ive had a career change thats why im doing this course and from this site i will not be just a flash in c u theres some really good advice on here and once im more proficient i would like to help other people like you do im sorry for not introducing myself.

Reply to 2330 city and guilds papers in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net