Discuss 2391 July 2011 Chief Examiners Report in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

See that the same old comments are still coming out as people who are doing it are totally unprepared or just do not know what they are doing by the same low pass mark again.

Wow, pretty scathing comments (interesting that they point out candidates suitability to even be on the course)
Suitability for the course is, in my humble opinion, something that needs to be addressed. I know it's up to the colleges and they all want to make money, oops I mean educate people, but when I did the course there was a taxi driver and a pizza delivery guy on it. Neither of them had any electrical experience and surprise surprise both failed. I have no problem with people bettering themselves but to me the college scored £500 and wasted the time of these two guys.

Suitability for the course is, in my humble opinion, something that needs to be addressed. I know it's up to the colleges and they all want to make money, oops I mean educate people, but when I did the course there was a taxi driver and a pizza delivery guy on it. Neither of them had any electrical experience and surprise surprise both failed. I have no problem with people bettering themselves but to me the college scored £500 and wasted the time of these two guys.

I absolutely disagree, if I had a training centre I'd take anyone's money if they wanted to take a course!

Can you imagine signing up to a course and paying a fee but being too thick to even check on what the course is or how difficult it is to pass?

There are thousands of posts and internet pages on passing the 2391-10 and what it involves, it's just about time some of these people 'manned up' and took responsibility for their own mistakes instead of always looking for someone else to blame.

You have some great and totally accurate points there IQ but with these two guys there was a hell of a lot of course time wasted answering questions that would never have arisen had they had the foundation knowledge in place.

You have some great and totally accurate points there IQ but with these two guys there was a hell of a lot of course time wasted answering questions that would never have arisen had they had the foundation knowledge in place.

Yes, that's true, not exactly fair on the guys sitting there wanting to push on.

All I can say is well done C & G for not making this exam easier to pass.

I see GCSE papers regularly and I am horrified about the dumming down of exams in general,

A couple of questions.
What is the difference between the 2391-301, 2391-10 and 2391-20? Or am i getting muddled?

The other question is this, if the success rate is 37%. does that include the overall course or just the written paper?
Im thinking that some people who passed the written might have not passed the practical, making the net success rate even less.

La Poste, practical was one of the hardest 5 things I have ever done, don't know why, just really focused and was ... hard.
Others were my bike test (bloke was a b!stard), Basic Chainsaw Operative assessment (bloke was a b!stard and it was december 21st and no tree fell right - put saw down in the end and told him I knew he was going to fail me anyway so might as well walk - he didn't), and reading a poem at my Grandads funeral this year.

The theory I thought was hard but do-able because the secret is in doing past papers and home study.

The practical is a different story.
I don't get much testing practice or form filling so I'm a bit apprehensive.
I'm worried I might run out of time or the tester will be a complete w@nker.

Just assume he is a stickler and be ready for that, and then you will not fail. Be the best at what you do.

Go for it man.

But in a slow methodical-whilst-watching-the-clock kind of way.

You are making such an effort to gem up on it I think you will be ok :1eye:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 2391 July 2011 Chief Examiners Report in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net